“If you want peace and traquility in paradise with 5 star treatment Kasha Boutique is the place for you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasha Boutique Luxury Hotel

You added Kasha Boutique Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Kasha Boutique Luxury Hotel
Kigomani, Matemwe, Tanzania   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Matemwe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Kasha Boutique Hotel were very accommodating and the gardens and flowers were beautiful. Joanna & Peter made us feel very welcome and learnt straight away how to relax in Zanzibar in the private villa splash pool staring at the turquoise ocean, amazing. The service and food were really 5 star and the staff were at our beckoning call constantly. We were treated like royalty and the views were to die for. The main pool and beach bar was amazing. Excellant snorkelling at high tide and a little beach at low tide. Thank you for the most memorable honeymoon we'll definitly be back in a few years.

Sheldon Fisher

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
LINCOLN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My partner and I have recently returned from a fantastic holiday,firstly on safari in Tanzania, and secondly we spent a week at Kasha. We absolutely loved the safari and our week at Kasha was a perfect way to chill out. We had watched with mounting interest the growing number of Kasha reviews on Tripadvisor, the majority of which were excellent. We can only agree with the majority!! Kasha is absolutely idyllic. Peter and Joanne are the perfect hosts and the staff are so happy, obliging and friendly. The setting is simply gorgeous, the accommodation is first class...in short it is faultless.
We were celebrating Nicole's 50th birthday whilst there and a private dinner by the infinity pool was arranged, it was just beautiful. We also did the private snorkelling and beach barbecue day which we cah thoroughly recommend.
If there are people watching these reviews who are going to Kasha then please relax because you will be in for the treat of a lifetime....this place truly is 'Perfection in paradise'.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We just spend 2 weeks in the Kasha Boutique hotel and had the best rest ever. If you need a break or if you are in love - preferably both - this is the perfect place! Its a small and luxury place - nothing artificial or gild. The 11 villas - all facing the turquoise Indian
Ocean- are extremely large and very comfortable with a lovely veranda and splash pool. Tastefully decorated with fine and natural fabrics and good quality beds and furniture.
Extremely clean and well kept. A good amount of staff - all smiley and friendly. Again you can feel the managers professionalety and discipline.
The infinity pool is maybe not very large, but also impeccable clean. Poolhouse with
lovely lunchs and snacks - we adored the grilled so fresh "catch of the day" on a crisp salad. The cuisine is straight and honest; delicious swahili scents and spices in a
European based menu with a choice of starters and maincourses (fish, meat or vegi)
The temperature of the sea and air are around lovely 28 ° C and there is always a
breeze. great snorkling and swimming right in front of the hotel when the tide is high
and endless walks on white sand or to the corral reef when the tide is low. Unspoiled
nature and even the population of this the village Matembwe is very poor you get a friendly "jambo" from the children and fishermen - no commercants on the beach and
no begging.
The pure beauty of this setting, the warm and attentive care of the wonderful hosts
Joanna and Peter, and the silence and quality in all details make this very special
place so heavenly peaceful that you do not want to leave for the real life again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

With one world - PERFECT
Villas, staff, food, ...... everything was perfect. Joanna and Peter together with all employes really takes care of everyone and every wish. Chef Yusuf is one of the best cooks we ever seen.
We have been in many 5* small hotels around the world and Kasha is definitely one of the best.
The only thing wich is probably a minus of the rersort is the beach. It is suitable for swiming only during high tide but it is a perfect place for snorkling because of the corals.
Petra & Damjan from Slovenia

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Myself and my husband spent six nights here during our honeymoon. Our bungalow was a seaview rather than a seafront but the view was so amazing from our room I'm glad we didn't pay the extra to be in the front row, plus the seaview ones are a bit more private as the seafront ones open right on to the pool area. We spent mornings lazing by our private plunge pool at our bungalow and then moved to the main pool area for the afternoon sun. The hotel is in a fairly remote part of the island so it is expensive to do any day trips from there. Luckily for us, we were happy to hideaway from the world and throughly relax at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We loved breakfast at Kasha which always start with a plate of fresh tropical fruits and include a really wide choice. Most mornings we opted for yummy pancakes and bacon. Lunch is served at the pool and again there is a great choice. The helpings are quite huge but always very tasty that we never left anything on the plate. Dinner was generally good too even if the choice was somewhat limited - but I suppose this is to be expected given the hotel only has 11 guest bungalows. This is a lovely hotel for those looking to escape the real world and spend some time chilling out in a very romantic setting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed at Kasha for 6 days in mid-July with our 15 year old son. The hotel was beautifully presented, full of character, local designs and colour - all the handiwork of the managers, Peter and Joanna, who have worked it up from scratch. Our room was lovely, kept scrupulously clean, and the staff were kind, helpful and hard working. The hotel does not have television (remember, this is Africa and amenities cannot be taken for granted) but DVDs were available. However, we didn't come to Zanzibar to watch TV!

The hotel sits up at the top of the island, at the end of the road, and is very quiet. The food is good, and the kitchen does well, bearing in mind again that basics are not necessarily as easy to access and local produce isn't the same as we may be used to. Our hosts were wonderful, eager to help in any way - even finding clothes for one hapless guest to wear until his lost luggage turned up.

Trips to places around the island, a spice tour, kite boarding lessons, snorkling, scuba diving were all available and could be arranged by the hosts. The beach is covered at high tide, but walks down the coastline at low tide are lovely.

Truly a memorable stay, with our hosts and their staff doing a great job to keep us all in comfort.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Karatu, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I just returned from one of the best vacations I have ever had in my life. I went with two of the most charming and wonderful girls I have ever met. Laura and Ashley both volunteered with me at the Rift Valley Children's Village in Tanzania for 6 months and this was the end of their stay. Instead of us being very sad and going back to the states, we decided to go to the Island of Zanzibar and have a week of bliss before they had to go back to the real world of snow, people and work.

I did a lot of research and new that I wanted a very nice place on the North Eastern end of the island so we could have the breeze off of the Indian Ocean. I found a wonderful boutique hotel, called Kasha Boutique resort, which consisted of 12 individual villas. Each villa had its own splash pool, veranda with two sofas, and the largest bathroom I have ever seen, not to mention a huge bedroom and living room, flat screen tv, air-conditioning and basically everything I have ever wanted and more. The couple who run the hotel were fantastic and gave us an incredible rate and one free night, so it made it affordable too!

We basically were picked up at the airport, driven to the hotel (1.5 hours away) stayed at the hotel the whole time, swimming, snorkeling and just relaxing. The food was spectacular, the company even better and I am now ready to get back to work reenergized and ready to go. I didn’t realize how much energy taking care of 69 kids, working in the office and living without luxuries i.e. electricity etc… took out of me until I went away for 8 days. Now I know that I need to do this probably every 6 months and life will be even more perfect than it already is….! :)

We lounged in our pool all of the time and did nothing but enjoy the view, eat wonderful food and just basically just enjoyed life. I would reccomend this wonderful hotel to anyone. I was in the meeting planning business for 20 years prior to my moving to africa, I have been to just about every 5 star hotel in the US, Central and South America as well as Europe and this one is right on par with the rest of them.

I have a few pictures on my blog if you would like to see them. I do not have on my computer currently so can't post here. The blog post is http://tracieintz.blogspot.com/2010/03/zanzibar.html

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Kasha Boutique Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!