The rooms at the Tanzanite are clean and comfortable. A large, comfortable double bed and a large bathroom with hot water (on demand, you turn a switch 15 minutes before showering).
The resort has a nice pool and plenty of sun chairs, hammocks and a like to relax in. Beware if you are looking to swim in the ocean though as this is not possible here regardless of tide. At high tide we went in quickly but even for us (reasonably young and fit), the waves were very strong and the bottom filled with rocks.
Food in restaurant is not very good and service level of staff is among the worse we encountered in Africa – they just don’t seem to care. We also struggled for three days to get a cold beer (not possible).
Best –Nice pool, loads of sun chairs
Good – Rooms
Not so good – Staff friendliness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanzanite Beach Resort is situated on a beautiful beach in Nungwi, on the northwestern side of paradise island of Zanzibar, Tanzania. Accommodation is in 18 tastefully decorated self-contained double bungalows, all with private balconies and magnificent views over the Indian Ocean. Whether you are looking for a special family vacation, a romantic getaway or business with pleasure, Tanzanite Beach Resort makes sure that your stay is comfortable, fun and relaxation.Karibu! Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Tanzanite Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanzanite Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Tanzanite Beach Resort Zanzibar/Nungwi