We stayed 4 nights here and the grounds are presented fantastically with lovely staff willing to help in any way possible.
The resort is about a 20 minute walk from the main area of Nungwi, which has it's pros and cons. It's fantastic for relaxing and not being overloaded with other tourists, however it's a long way to go to visit other restaurants.
Unfortunately the Tanzanite's restaurant is not great. Breakfast and lunch is bareable, however we ate dinner here twice and really did not enjoy it. Choices are minimal and the taste wasn't great.
The other big problem is water pressure is very minimal and electricity was very erratic, which makes for extremely hot sleepless nights.
Again the place looks great and staff are fantastic, but the down sides really need to be rectified before I'd recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Tanzanite Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Tanzanite Beach Hotel
- Tanzanite Beach Resort Zanzibar/Nungwi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanzanite Beach Resort is situated on a beautiful beach in Nungwi, on the northwestern side of paradise island of Zanzibar, Tanzania. Accommodation is in 18 tastefully decorated self-contained double bungalows, all with private balconies and magnificent views over the Indian Ocean. Whether you are looking for a special family vacation, a romantic getaway or business with pleasure, Tanzanite Beach Resort makes sure that your stay is comfortable, fun and relaxation.Karibu! Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Tanzanite Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.