“Nice pool, centrally located, good rooms, not so sure about the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Langi Langi Beach Bungalows

You added Langi Langi Beach Bungalows to your Saves list
Langi Langi Beach Bungalows
Nungwi, Tanzania   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
dublin
“Nice pool, centrally located, good rooms, not so sure about the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in langi langi for 9 nights. The staff in reception are very welcoming and helpful. I was in a room overlooking the pool. It was very nice, big bed with mosquito net, air con, big bathroom with an excellent shower.
The pool is nice, very clean with plenty of sun loungers.
Langi langi right on the beach which is great. It feels like a very safe and secure environment which as a solo traveller for the last few days of my stay was important to me.

I really enjoyed my stay here apart from 2 things.
In the reviews I read people were raving about the food. Maybe I was unlucky but I didnt manage to order anything that good while I was there.
The breakfast is good and plentiful but anything I ordered from the lunch or dinner menu was just OK.
Also i found the staff in the restaurant quite rude sometimes. At one point one of the waiters practically threw my food at me.
Its only the restaurant staff though, everyone else is perfectly lovely.

I would go back to langi langi. I looked in some other hotels along the beach and the rooms in langi are much better than any I saw.
Also chidi - I think the manager - is super helpful and a really nice guy.
In terms of food though i probably would choose to eat in other places along the beach of which there are many.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After one and half hour drive from the airport, through bumping road in the village we arrived most beautiful place for a vacation. It has lovely beach and blue waters. The restaurants are cosy and with perfect cuisine. The name is of the resort describes it very well Langi langi (flower)
Our experience was wonderful. Nice room and cosy the management team is flexible, the staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoy our stay including the home food they prepare to us. One of the best trips we have ever had.
I would highly recommend Langilangi beach bungalow, it's perfect for romantic getaways. It's paradise!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, i had a chance to look one of the garden room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland Neck, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After our climbing kilimanjaro my husband and I stayed in this beautiful hotel, our room facing the sea, it was absolutely perfect, life experience! We had a fantastic 5 days with with a perfect view of sun set, that all we needed. The room was big enough with allot of space, behind our room from view top a beautiful colorful garden and very green. There is also a pool sorrounded buy colorful flowers. The food in the terrace restaurants menu was big and good - something for everybody, allot of choice. we love the menu it has full of love to every page

The manager always talking to clients arround trying to improve his family business and proud of his efforts to train his local staff, sometimes the food service can be a bit slow compare to Europian standards but who care we are in Zanzibar and Africa. To us we had perfect service & and i can say super friendly staff
We will recommend it to anyone that wishes to have a true relaxing holiday

Room Tip: we had sea view room, we like it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ringkøbing, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent location, built-out sundeck and restaurant overlooking a most beautiful beach with white sands and visible coral reef at low tide. At high tide you will practically find yourself on top of the water. Very friendly staff and an overall laid-back atmosphere. You will definitely be able to feel relaxed here.

Room Tip: Do not miss the beautiful views of the beach from your room. Always choose a suite facing the sea. R...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Middleham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The name says it all! From the minute we arrived we are treated like family. This is a small, unique and it has own style. The setting of the garden is spectacular with beautiful colorful flowers, our room is very comfortable. The managers are especially hospitable and helpful and every staff are friendly. Meals are very good food and special catch of the day.

We spent 4 nights at Langilangi. One tip can share for Zanzibar power goes on and off all the time...the advantage is that when the power goes off they do have generators to cool you down.
Do not miss Seafood in Zanzibar but be very careful where and which restaurant, here is the only place i can call food heaven

Room Tip: we come from middle of the country, all we need is sea view, and do not miss the sun set from the te...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at langilangi, our room was stunning, overlooking the sea, the staff were wonderful, the food was excellent . All the ingredients we need for an amazing holiday. It was the perfect escape from the horrible weather at home.
I would highly recommend a stay here. Given the standards of service received and the best location I thought it was excellent value for money. I have paid a lot more and got less in other resorts I have stayed in.
The staff truly are a credit to the partly owner partly chef and partly manager and partly Rasta. I really could not rate them highly enough I think.
Unforgettable holidays, memories of which will be in our mind forever. Please note, this hotel has the best food in the area or the whole east Africa

Room Tip: Roof top room has best view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at langilangi on our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. Great location, friendly staff and a room overlooking the ocean at sunset meant a really special few days.
The restaurant is the best in the area in our opinion and really cheap, and overlooks the ocean. I reccomend the spicy food menu at the back.

Our tip is to get a bottle of booze and a few soft drinks from the street vendors and put them in your fridge, the you can enjoy a g&t or beer on the balcony while the sun sets. Gold.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Langi Langi Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!