We travelled with two children aged 10 and 12. They had a wonderful holiday, as did we. We were after a relaxing stay at a hotel that catered for kids. There is visual security at all perimeters, which meant that we let the kids have the run of the place while they stayed together. They were treated well by all staff, as were we.
While some warned us that we were going at the leading edge of the monsoon season, the afternoon showers were brief and very welcome! The hotel was not full to capacity, but the resort is spacious in any event in terms of beach space and pool size.
The food was of a high standard and there is more than enough variety available, even if you stick to "in-package" food venues.
A special "thank-you" to the housekeeping staff who decorated our beds each day- the girls loved the artful decoration of petals and flowers that changed every day!
Don't hesitate to choose this venue.
My only (very minor) cautions:
- you are in the far North, so trips to Stonetown take at least an hour over poor roads. We only took one trip, so for us this was not a great problem.
- shower in our room was in-bath. Not great, but functional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Kendwa Rocks on NW coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi