Large beautiful grounds surround this hotel which has a delightful pool complex right on the edge of the beach.
The staff are all excellent - always cheerful and extremely helpful.
The bedroom was very good, although my wife would have preferred a bath as well as the excellent shower.
The food is good but with only two restaurants available for the all inclusive price tag, one's eating options are limited to the main restaurant which is buffet style - breakfast, lunch and dinner- and the poolside bar/restaurant which has a very limited menu. The two other, pay, restaurants were empty most of the time we were there and so my own view is that the hotel would be better to scrap these and increase the offering in the poolside restaurant - a BBQ would not be difficult to arrange.
I would also liked to have seen some senior members of management walking around just talking to the guests but I didn't.
Having said all this, and having lived and worked in Africa, this is the best hotel I have stayed in in Africa - just a bit more effort and choice and I would have given it 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Kendwa Rocks on NW coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi