Having read some disappointing reviews of La Gemma, we were not sure what to expect. The hotel is in a great setting and the gardens are beautiful and well maintained. It is a large site but we enjoyed walking through the grounds. (Buggies are available for those who do not wish to walk)
We received a warm welcome and were pleased to find that our room (on level 1), overlooked the beach and was well appointed and very clean.
All the staff were truly excellent - friendly and eager to help.
Buffet breakfast was situated in the main restaurant and offered plenty of choice.
The choice at lunch was either buffet style in the main restaurant or, our preferred option, in the beach bar with waiter service where the limited menu offered fish, sandwiches, pasta etc.(A couple of daily specials would be a welcome addition) The Swahili dinner on Friday evenings was good.
Although the staff were, without exception, excellent,we did not see the Manager at any time during our stay and felt that a more visible approach would be beneficial.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and felt that this was a four star hotel that with just a little thought and improvement, could be outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Kendwa Rocks on NW coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi