For Zanzibar standards quite a large hotel, but very well run by a Swiss company PLAN hotels.
Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful, accommodation excellent and facilities very good in a stunning location overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Restaurants were varied but although fully inclusive you still had to pay extra for two of the restaurants on the jetty.
Entertainment was good with an African feel to it and the weather was mid thirties just about bearable while we had minus temperatures back in UK with snow and frost. Yes I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within exotic tropical gardens and water features inviting guests to enjoy the pristine view over the Indian Ocean, Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est is located on the north-western shores of the magical spice island of Zanzibar. This enchanting, luxurious and environmentally friendly resort is famous for its magnificent beach and large wharf built onto the open waters of the Indian Ocean and stretches out towards the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi