Just returned from a family holiday. Lovely location and the property has been 5 star but now 3.5/4 star due to deteriorating maintenance. The management who are non existent are treating this place as a cash cow with little evidence of reinvestment. It is still satisfactory but with the exception of the truly beautiful gardens the rest of the property needs a significant spend. The hotel still advertises itself as 5 star but we were advised locally that the official rating has fallen to 4 and that is a fairer assessment. Staff are very friendly but service is patchy and there is no real sense of leadership throughout the business. An enjoyable holiday - if you are considering staying here ensure you pay the appropriate price for what is now a 4 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Kendwa Rocks on NW coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi