Having just returned from Zanzibar will leave lasting memories for me for a long time to come. Check in went smoothly. Was a little rushed which we didnt mind since we were rushing to make it in time for lunch. We stayed in the deluxe room, which was nice. Only problem was that the house lady never replaced the hand towels everyday even after been told too. Excellent view of the pool area and the beach.In my view the deluxe room was excellent, closer to the beach. The villas were closer to the resturant. The location of the hotel was excellent. Never had to be concerned about the low tide(like @ Dreams of Zanzibar). Snorkeling at the beach was excellent, lot of fish. Beach boys were not that bad. There is security on the beach as well. We used Max and Raul to do the Safari Blue and Prison Island. These 2 trip were the best! The jetty was awesome to watch the sunset over a couple of sundowners. And also every night there was entertainment there. The staff was efficient, although slow...but as they say Hakuna Matata :-) nothing is rushed there. There is a swim up bar at the pool side. And during lunch time, there was no need to go all the way to the main resturant for lunch, you could choose to have lunch by the pool bar area. They served burgers, pasta, sandwiches, fish, etc. For Dinner you could choose the pizzeria or the main resturant, both were all inclusive. The was also the Sea Breeze resturant, which was exclusive, We did not try that, cos we had so much off lobster, crayfish(sea gull), prawns and calmari on the safari blue and prison island.There is also a seesha lounge which was nice and also was all inclusive. Having taken a boat trip along the beach, it was evident that La Gemma was the best looking hotel from all along that stretch of the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within exotic tropical gardens and water features inviting guests to enjoy the pristine view over the Indian Ocean, Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est is located on the north-western shores of the magical spice island of Zanzibar. This enchanting, luxurious and environmentally friendly resort is famous for its magnificent beach and large wharf built onto the open waters of the Indian Ocean and stretches out towards the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar/Nungwi