we have just spent a lovely 5 days here. situated right on the beach. the tide goes out very far so it's not really a beach you can lay on but there is a lovely decking area with sunbeds and hammocks and a great pool to swim in. if you want the big sprawling beach then get a cab to Kendwa which is only a few dollars.
the staff go out of there way to be helpful. precision air lost my luggage and the staff at the hotel were great with checking on its progress and in the end actually took me to the airport themselves so as i could collect it. the airport is an hour away so this was really kind of them.
The food is pretty good as long as you like buffett style and they also lay on entertainment some nights which is good fun.
A very relaxing place if you are after a chill out.
Only slight criticism is due to the energy supply the air conditioning is a bit hit and miss and without it the nights are unbearably hot. the staff are very good at trying to fix the units sometimes with success and sometimes not!
Would definitely reccommend this hotel to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar/Nungwi