This is our 4th visit to Mnarani, and it seems to get better every time. Nassor, the owner, is constantly improving his place, upgrading the rooms and facilities and thinking of new ways to offer his guests an ever better holiday experience.
The bungalows are surrounded by a beautiful, well tended garden atop a cliff, but with easy access to the beach. There are swings, beach beds and hammocks everywhere, and friendly, smiling staff is doing their best to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
Being set in its own small bay, the place has a private, cozy feel to it, but a 10 minute walk along the beach at low tide takes you right to where the action is (and the loud music, and the beach boys and peddlers, too).
The crowd at Mnarani is very mixed, families, couples and small groups from all parts of the world, so we meet interesting people every time.
All in all, clearly recommended!
We will come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar/Nungwi