We stayed 6 people at the Flame tree in July. The place consists of a dozen or so apartments situated in bungalow buildings. The surroundings are nice and the hotel is situated right at the beach. They serve a nice breakfast at your terrace (ask for the Spanish omelette!).
The appartments are simple and a little worn out. There is also quite some difference between the different appartments (we got to see quite a few) when it comes to comfort, light etc. so be sure to ask for a nice room. Some rooms are equipped with old styla a/c while others are upgraded. The new a/c works very well, the old ones not so much.
All in all, the Flametree cottages is an average ok hotel, but then again, quality of service and accomandations are in general quite below comparable places in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flame Tree Cottages. A small 16 room beach hotel in a private garden. It is one of the newest developments at the quiet end of the North West Nungwi tourist area, which boasts some of the nicest beaches in Zanzibar. We are beachside & West facing for perfect sunset views & it's a close walk to numerous restaurants and bars of Nungwi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Flame Tree Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Flame Tree Cottages Zanzibar/Nungwi