Flame Tree Cottages are located right on the beautiful white sand Nungwi beach on the Indian Ocean on the Northern tip of Zanzibar Island. The cottages at Flame Tree are pretty basic in setup; bed, small desk and chair, mini fridge, well needed air conditioning and ceiling fans and bathroom with hot water shower. Each cottage has a patio with table and comfortable chairs. All the cottages are set in the lovely garden area that surrounds the pool. Very tranquil with the sounds of the palm leaves rustling in the breeze, birds chirping and waves as the tide comes in. We stayed at Flame Tree for dinner for a couple of nights; available at tables set up on the beach under twinkling lights. The setting can't be beat. Breakfast was served on our patio; very large quantity; more than we could eat. Wifi was available for purchase for a minimal flat rate cost. Staff were very friendly though seemed to direct us to the resident owners anytime we had a question as it seemed staff didn't understand or didn't have the answer. Location was central for exploring the small village of Nungwi and wandering the beach in either direction. To the west along the beach there are more hotels and it is somewhat busier and a little noisier.Lots of tours available for purchase along the beach or in the village.
- Also Known As:
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel
- Flame Tree Cottages Zanzibar/Nungwi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flame Tree Cottages. A small 16 room beach hotel in a private garden. It is one of the newest developments at the quiet end of the North West Nungwi tourist area, which boasts some of the nicest beaches in Zanzibar. We are beachside & West facing for perfect sunset views & it's a close walk to numerous restaurants and bars of Nungwi. ... more less