“Very nice diving, competent dive centre” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 14 things to do in Nungwi
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
“Very nice diving, competent dive centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We did four nice dives at Tumbatu and Mnemba Islands. Zanzibar Watersports was professional and friendly. I recommend them.

Visited December 2012

beirut
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We had two dives the same day. We were 5 persons. The resort is amazing. The instructors are very very good. The water visibilty is also very good. I highly recomend it if you are a diver or you want to learn how to dive.
You can dive if you have a padi or an ssi card.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently dived at Zanzibar Watersports for two days and had 4 great dives. We dove out of Paradise hotel with Joshua (dive master) the first day. We paid for a 4 dive package and our first two dives were out at Mnemba Island. I have never seen water so pristine in my life. The dive shop has great equipment and all of the instructors, captains, and crew were thorough, patient and above all stressed safety.

They also served a great lunch out on the boat. Johnathan, the manager, was very professional to deal with and the it is a first rate diving shop in my opinion. I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks!

Ben

Visited October 2012
Doha, Qatar
“OWD with an excellent instructor and crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I strongly recommend Zanzibar Watersports for diving and snorkeling! My fiance and I decided to plan a trip to Zanzibar and we thought it would be great to take a OWD course there. We were checking several dive centers and trying to contact them. Zanzibar watersports was the first one to reply our inquiry via email and phone and we got a very nice impression. So we decided to take the course with them.

Jonathan was our instructor who took great care of both of us. In advance, we have done the theory online by PADI. He first refreshed us with important points and we immediately started our practicals. It was really exciting to have all the gears on and do the practical with him. Step by step, he guided us to be familiar with all the skills and techniques. We did tend to get little bit panic at times however, he was very professional and he was able to make us comfortable at any time. This was really important point for us personally and it helped us a lot when we went for diving in an actual dive cites. We had four dives before certified and all of the dive sites were different from each other and they were spectacular. We were simply amazed by the sea life and the new experience.

Boats and equipment were well maintained and enough stock of sizes.

Thanks to Jonathan and the rest of crew. Hope to go back and dive with you guys. Our special kiss to Bella!

Visited August 2012
Kampala
“Great recommendation - perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Having been recommended Zanzibar watersports for diving by a traveller in Uganda, I took up the opportunity to do my Open water PADI when i visited last week. I had an amazing experience; Jonathan the manager was very professional when dealing with my requests, and the owner was very friendly. I was ill inbetween day 2and 3 but they very kindly managed to work around it and fit me in later on without any further charge. My instructor made sure that we were all safe and was good at entertaining the group, too! I ended up staying an extra 5 days to go snorkelling, fishing (caught a 16kg fish!) and even tried out some wakeboarding (was useless but still fun!) I would highly recommend this centre (i was on kendwa but think they have other centres on the north as well) and will definitely be back to get my other qualifications! thanks for a great 2 weeks ;-)

Visited October 2012