Zalu is a beautiful place with luxurious space to chill out and unwind. The pool is spectacular and right on the water front. We had a ocean view room which I would highly recommend.great food and very helpful staff.
Great restaurant and bar options with our favorite being the jetty bar and lunchtime restaurant. Prefect for a cocktail for sun downers and friendly interesting staff to spend time with. The spa is well worth a relaxing treat.
Well worth a short walk is a visit to see the turtles being rehabilitated ( great conservation work) and the local village.
Zanzibar as a whole is a great place but really needs to urgently look into its rubbish problem as there are many other tropical islands that don't have rubbish washed up on their beaches and around town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi