The hotel is amazingly beautiful! The architecture and the greenery around the bungalows is just stunning. We also really enjoyed the delicious food and the super friendly service. One thing that we missed was a proper beach. Unfortunately, the hotel is located directly at a reef. Therefore, there is only a small beach which is underwater during high tide. Entering the sea is only possible from the jetty. Also there is no dive shop attached to the hotel. However, they cooperate with a shop from the next village. A dive trip to Mnemba Island, including 2 dives was 150 USD per person. Much more than I had expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Jetsetter, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Nungwi