From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were spoilt by the staff at this luxurious resort. We arrived after a weeks safari and were pleasantly met by Luc the General Manager. From here there was no fuss checking in or waiting around as we were shown swiftly to our suite. The room suite was fantastic with a super- duper king size bed which was so comfy, a huge bathroom and nice sitting area. It was the nicest room i have stayed in across anyone of my trips across the world......The entrance/lobby is breathtaking as you walk through and see the ocean. The hotel boasts a wonderful jetty to enjoy great cocktails as the sun goes down. I thought these cocktails were reasonably priced at $6.....they just slipped down too quickly! The rest of the grounds are immaculate which is credit to the staff, everyone is happy to help and goes out of their way to assist without being in your face. John in the Baobab bar served us great cocktails and wine each night always with a great big smile and with more stories to tell....Jon was also great each morning as he served us breakfast. The food is fantastic .....some of the best I have had whist staying in any hotel. We went out a couple of nights to Kendwa to try some of the other restaurants/ hotels but looked forward to coming back to Essque as it knocks the spots of the others by a mile. If you are looking for a holiday that is relaxing, luxurious, serving great food by great staff in a wonderful environment then this is the place to go! Nothing is too much trouble....Top marks Essque for a wonderful relaxing and peaceful holiday. We hope to return someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi