This hotel is stunning. The staff is incredibly welcoming, the atmosphere is very relaxing. The view is fabulous. I disagree with others comments on the staff. All of the people I dealt with were great. If you want to swim in the ocean, there is a beach but only accessable at low tide. If you go, please pay attention to the communities around you. This is part of the experience too. There is quite a contrast and if you are at this hotel you should be very thankful of your good fortune. It is educational to see how the locals live. The only issue is that it is an hour drive from Stone Town and the airport. Taxis are $60 each way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Nungwi