All it's amaizing here. All. It's a small boutique hotel over the beach. Let's be honest, the only thing here that doesn't fits is the beach. It all covered with rocks and coral so even when the tide allows you it's not a good sensation to put your feet on the white and satin sand. But that's the only problem. The main building is beautifull, hand made using local wood. Mixing local style with design twist. You do not have the tradicional reception. You do not check in there. Someone will escort you to your suite and check in there with you. You don't have a room, you always have at least a suite, and it's amazing. Very well decorated, lots of space, all was though to be there. The bathroom is one of the most beuatifull i've ever used: walking shower. The bedroom has such a huge and confortable bed and by night the mood changes. They drop mosquito net, the turn the light into a dim atmosphere. It's great to get inside a room like this. The restaurants are very very good. I've enjoyed having lunch at the Peer, the menu is simple and with not to many option, but it's all great food, and with a refined presentation. By the way the service here, is 7 star: you always will have someone important there greeting you and wanting to know how are you doing. I had dinner at main restaurant outside and you only have to share the space with a handfull of guests, so you feel exclusivity. The dinner manu is excelent, good food and beautifull presentation. Breakfast is at their one style, meaning that there is no buffet. You sit and they will take your order. You can go inside and see what they have for you, but do not touch it. The pool is great, as you do not have an explendid beach, you will apreciate the time at the pool and it's quite good. They know your name. I would go back there just now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Nungwi