We came to this hotel after a week on safari. It was incredibly relaxing to be somewhere where every need was catered for. If you want to relax after safari, this is the place to do it.
The food was absolutely fantastic, especially the delicious breads served with every meal. Memorable amongst the dishes we had was the smoked swordfish, the swahili soup served with dinner and the fresh juices at breakfast. Based on reviews here I had expected good food, but I was surprised at how good it was. The service was great and the wait staff were lovely to talk to. The cocktails from the bar were also very good.
We were not willing to pay $100 return fare to Stonetown through the hotel, so we went out of the hotel, turned left and asked the vendor opposite the aquarium to organise transport for us. They gave us $80 return trip to Stonetown. They were on time with pick up and drop off, and the vehicle was comfortable and air conditioned. It's always a risk booking through a local vendor but everything worked out fine for us and we saved $120.
I used that $120 saved at the spa. I had an aromotherapy massage from Jessica and it was fantastic and well worth the money.
The lack of beach was not a problem. The pool was so beautiful and close to the ocean, it was nice to swim there anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi