We chose Zalu Essque to relax with our two kids (8 and 11 years old) after one week Safari in the Serengeti. The minute we entered the impressive hotel hall, we were personally welcomed by the manager and his friendly staff and we felt like in paradise...
The hotel's architecture is stunning and extremely beautiful. Even though the hotel was fully booked, it never got too crowded. Our beach suite was nicely designed, very spacious and had a great view. The food - both at the Jetty restaurant as well at the market restaurant - was outstanding. The service was excellent, the staff extremely friendly and - according to our kids - the kids club one of the best they have ever experienced. We hardly ever left the hotel during our one week stay but spent the whole day at the lovely, big salt water pool with Jacuzzi and spoiled ourselves from time to time at the spa with its first class treaments. We also enjoyed long walks at the beach to explore the environment.
The manager Nicolas Konig is a great guy, very dedicated and he has a daily chat with all the guests. At New Year's Eve, he organised with his staff an unforgettable party on the Jetty and a wonderful dinner around the pool, which we will never forget.
All in all, this is the ultimate vacation spot for families, couples or singles to recharge your batteries in a luxury but still relaxed environment.
Tina, Jörg, Lilly and Benji from Zurich, Switzerland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Preferred Hotels, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Nungwi