The rooms and facilities are impeccable and look excellent.
Staff does not speak English as fluent in the safari regions of Tanzania. This makes their service a bit lacking. They do things you don't ask and don't do things you do ask.
Breakfast system is a bit confusing and not really inviting: I would like real buffet over the deli-style.
Music in Baobab bar is 70's-80's classics, which makes the atmosphere of the nearby restaurant a bit tacky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HostelWorld and Jetsetter so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi