We came to this hotel by accident. The hotel we booked had a broken generator and therefore they gave us the chance to stay here. How lucky were we ! By arrivel at the Essque Zalu Hotel we were immediatly impressed. Beautiful design, lovely people, ... It was peaceful, quiet and relaxing. Polé Polé as the locals would say. A nice younglady brought us to our junior suite, of which we had anything except complaints. The bathroom didn't have a bath, but the shower was so luxurious big, that we didn't miss a bath at all. After unpacking our baggs, we went for some food. The hotel has 3 different places where you can eat: in the hotel downstaires (outdoor of indoor), one upstaires and one in the middle of the ocean. We ate at all 3 and the food was outstanding ! We've been to many restaurants in our lives, but this was the best food we've ever ate, by far ! (also the best Mojito).
We would like to thank all the people who work at the hotel. They are so motivated and very kind. Therefore, our special thanks to the men and women from the restaurants, Mr. Aman and his collegues at the bar, the manager Monsieur Nicolas, the Chef, ...
The hotel is situated right at the beach. It's very nice to take a walk over the beach. It also has a fitness area, a spa and a shop, where you can buy souvenirs, juwelery and others.
Only the pool requires some taking use to, because of the salt water. But except from that, we have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. We simply miss it already. A lot.
Nils & Nakita Timmermans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove on the island’s north-eastern coast overlooking the Indian Ocean. Choose from 40 suites, all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Ensconce yourself in luxurious-styled spaces crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched Makuti roof. If you need extra space to spread out, try one of our nine expansive villas; 3 or 4 bedrooms. Stretch out in the spacious living room, rustle up a snack in your own kitchen or just chill in the privacy of your very own plunge pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi