Hotel was great - Hilton - good good fine, Food not fantastic, but not bad either. Service... so so.
TIP - If you've come to Zanzibar looking for broad, white sandy beaches and peaceful tropical island paradise - DONT GO TO NUNGWI! There are sooo many tourists, hotels, bars, discos, restaurants and beach salesmen!!!!
I'm no expert in Zanzibar, but I've been there 3 times and there's a beach nearby called Matemwe(southwest of Nungwi) which is REALLY nice! The hotels there are smaller and private and there a NO SALESMEN on the beach.
(IF YOU'RE A DIVER - MNEMBA ATOLL has the best diving I've ever experienced. This can be reached from both Nungwi and Matemwe.)
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.