Property: Beautiful landscaped gardens, amazing views on the turquoise sea, good size pool, nice living area (huge hut that serves as restaurant, lounge and bar) and good comfortable rooms, huge king bed. Pretty flowery terrasse to relax on, large bathroom with shower and bath tub. Secure with the Masai guards at the gate and roaming around. No issues with WIFI access. Clean. Kayaks available for hire.
Food: Our booking included half board. Breakfast is pretty good, no buffet but a la carte option of classic, eggs, bacon, toasts, beans... also tasty homemade cakes, pancakes, bread and fresh fruits. Dinner was always a choice of starter, soup, sorbet, a choice between 3 main courses (meat/fish and vegetarian) and a dessert. Overall, and compared to the other restaurants we had food at, it was pretty good. we also had lunch a couple of times and it was good!
Location: About 15 min walk on the beach to the 'busier' nungwi area (Cholos, Z hotel etc...) when low tide permits. If it is high tide, you can always ask the hotel to drop you at the village in 5 min, they charge but not much. I dont recommend walking from the hotel to that busier area through the village, nothing interesting really. When you walk on the beach, you will realise that the Zanzibari is the prettier, quieter hotel of that entire stretch of beautiful beach.
Staff: Super friendly, discreet and always ready to go the extra mile for you (getting some cigarettes at the village for my husband, cooking fruit puree for my son, serving food by the pool etc...). Efficient European Management.
Activities: Booked a couples of massages on the beach: HEAVEN! Asked the hotel to book a private boat trip for us, was not what we expected (modern boat) but an old noisy wooden boat, not ideal. They should offer 2 types of experiences with different price level. The lounge at the hotel next door Esque, is spectacular for lunch. We did not do much, it is a place to relax, read, have a cocktail...
I really enjoyed our stay at the Zanzibari and will surely recommend it to friends!
If you are looking for that beautiful and quiet boutique hotel, this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar/Nungwi