We are a familiy of 5 adults, and now in July 2013 we spent 7 days and nights at the lovely Zanzibari,- actually we extended our stay by 2 nights because it was so fantastic. The hotel is like a big tropical garden. The Frangipani Sea View Suite easily accomodated all 5 of us. Real luxury, nice and clean! Private pool ++. The staff was superb, always friendly and attentive, and although it is almost unfair to single out any one person in special, we have to mention Mr Rashidi,- thank you very much! Manager Paolo also did his very best to make our stay pleasant. Food was also splendid,- we never went anywhere else! We really loved it.
The only downside that you need to know about is that the beach, although beautifully white and sandy and wonderful to walk along and to watch the sunrise from, isn't really very good for swimming,- then again very few beaches on the north eastern side are, due to tidal changes of sea level. This is more than compensated for by the pools and jacuzzis within the hotel area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar/Nungwi