This hotel is for relaxation and rest after your treks through the Tanzanian mainland.
The hotel grounds are situated at the North side of the Zanzibar island and about a 10 minute walk from the Nungwi. This layout of the hotel is widely spread for privacy and for the feeling you are the only guests. The grounds are well maintained and the guards keep the ground secure and even offer to walk you into the village.
The Ocean side is coral flat with stone. You will need sandals or Crocs to walk out into the sea. There is a sand beach about a 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There are these great single person pools you can stand it and watch the ocean and dhows sail out at the evening time. There are ocean kayaks and snorkeling gear for use.
The staff is extremely kind, helpful, and courteous. Anything you desire they will do their best to arrange.
The food is delicious and portions just perfect. The selections were always done well. Daily there is a choice of seafood, meat or chicken, and a veg option for dinner.
The rooms are spacious and appointed with dhow wood furniture. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms fully functional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar/Nungwi