We stayed at hotel Zanzibari for 3 nights in Dec 2011, and it was very very nice. We are a family of 5 and had booked a suite, which turned out to be a villa of our own with pool! The view over the sea was marvellous, and it was very relaxing to walk in and out of the villa, lie on our own sun beds, sit and read in our hammock and take a refreshing dip in the pool.
The garden is lovely at Zanzibari and the big open house where the restaurant, the bar and the lounge is situated is very nice and cool. The food was very good, with several choices at every dinner. The staff was very nice and gave excellent service.
The kids (aged 12-18) stayed on the second floor in the villa, open air, under roof, a little windy. We walked to Nungwi one afternoon and it took 20 minutes, and then we took a taxi back. We also went to the luxury hotel next door, Essque Zalu, and had a nice drink on their pier. We would highly recommend Zanzibari, and would love to go back at anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar/Nungwi