“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nungwi, Nungwi, Tanzania   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Nungwi
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Good, but too many Italians. The hotel is runned by Italians and they are not used to other nationalities. Great animation, specially Andrea! Excursion offered also in English, but guides
Speak basic English. Otherwise, nice hotel and location.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from the 18th to the 25th of June 2013.
The rooms were newly renovated. The staff is very helpfull and friendly.
The TV did not work the whole time we were there and was reported.
Beautifull beach with plenty beach chairs etc. and within walking distance off other hotels, restaurants. Fantastic vibe. Safe environments.
Towels not the best. Beach towels very old and faded.
Food is average. Breakfast is very boring. Same food served all 7 days. Lunch and dinner is 4/5 courses and good value. Take your own coffee. Their coffee is not the best, except for expresso etc. Overall impressed. Good value and will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

A friend & I arrived there on the 4th of June and sadly left on the 11th June. At first the food was a bit basic but then it improved tremendously - I put this down to it being out of season.

Ally was the most fantastic host one could ask for. He is a man who knows his job very, very well & wants to make sure that all the guests are happy. We could ask him anything & he would sort it out. All of the staff were very, very nice and friendly. The Masai are also great people & having them as security was very reassuring.

I would definitely go back there as I was made to feel right at home. The only drawback is the chaps on the beach who pester you to buy stuff or sell excursions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As we were there in the rainy season it was not too busy and they were renovating some rooms , but we had a free upgrade to a villa right on the beach so it did not bother us at all,it has recently come under new management and there was very friendly and helpful staff. Good chef en good food! 3 course lunch and dinner with free soft drinks and water. We extended our stay with one night and I would surely go back again!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center, but there is on site massage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at my blue hotel for 7nights (14-21May)and my experience there was amazing! I got a huge room with sea view. The food was great, the fruit! Yummy! Delicious, I ate everything and I Never got sick!I was lucky to have Roger as my tour guide, he took me everywhere, made me feel welcome and made sure I got a unique experience of the island. The staff is super friendly the guards (masai) are also very nice and make you feel safe! Well done my blue hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed there in march 2013, Hotel is little worn, but it fits with it's African style. The hotel was half booked due to low season, was very quiet, staff was friendly ... even too friendly, everibody was friendly....
We had ocean wiev room - room was roommy, nice and clean, room service was OK. Pool is small and water was somethimes even too hot :) , beach is very nice clean and good for swimming.
... And some minuses are from breakfast - was'nt enought food somethimes and from locals on the beach - they just need to sell something...

Room Tip: Ocean view :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OraHotels, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at My Blue Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your friendly writing.
Breakfast always offers some different selections of English and Continental menus in a large amount.
Everywhere it is normal to find less choice in the last few minutes of the breakfast time, even if the buffet had been regularly replaced.
However it is really good if our guests are able to relax in spite of few minus.
Best regards.

Manuela Nascimbene
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The beach here in Nungwi is more beautiful that your imagination can perceive. Therefore you have to see it. We stayed in the front bungalows (1st floor), which are more expensive, but worth every cent.

Room Tip: front bungalows, 1st floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
The Z Hotel Zanzibar
The Z Hotel Zanzibar
#5 of 18 in Nungwi
4.5 of 5 stars 722 reviews

Been to My Blue Hotel? Share your experiences!