“Good value - friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Nungwi
Centurion, South Africa
“Good value - friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from the 18th to the 25th of June 2013.
The rooms were newly renovated. The staff is very helpfull and friendly.
The TV did not work the whole time we were there and was reported.
Beautifull beach with plenty beach chairs etc. and within walking distance off other hotels, restaurants. Fantastic vibe. Safe environments.
Towels not the best. Beach towels very old and faded.
Food is average. Breakfast is very boring. Same food served all 7 days. Lunch and dinner is 4/5 courses and good value. Take your own coffee. Their coffee is not the best, except for expresso etc. Overall impressed. Good value and will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mirnay78

East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

A friend & I arrived there on the 4th of June and sadly left on the 11th June. At first the food was a bit basic but then it improved tremendously - I put this down to it being out of season.

Ally was the most fantastic host one could ask for. He is a man who knows his job very, very well & wants to make sure that all the guests are happy. We could ask him anything & he would sort it out. All of the staff were very, very nice and friendly. The Masai are also great people & having them as security was very reassuring.

I would definitely go back there as I was made to feel right at home. The only drawback is the chaps on the beach who pester you to buy stuff or sell excursions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alison R
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As we were there in the rainy season it was not too busy and they were renovating some rooms , but we had a free upgrade to a villa right on the beach so it did not bother us at all,it has recently come under new management and there was very friendly and helpful staff. Good chef en good food! 3 course lunch and dinner with free soft drinks and water. We extended our stay with one night and I would surely go back again!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center, but there is on site massage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DocMaaike
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at my blue hotel for 7nights (14-21May)and my experience there was amazing! I got a huge room with sea view. The food was great, the fruit! Yummy! Delicious, I ate everything and I Never got sick!I was lucky to have Roger as my tour guide, he took me everywhere, made me feel welcome and made sure I got a unique experience of the island. The staff is super friendly the guards (masai) are also very nice and make you feel safe! Well done my blue hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank noniposh
Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed there in march 2013, Hotel is little worn, but it fits with it's African style. The hotel was half booked due to low season, was very quiet, staff was friendly ... even too friendly, everibody was friendly....
We had ocean wiev room - room was roommy, nice and clean, room service was OK. Pool is small and water was somethimes even too hot :) , beach is very nice clean and good for swimming.
... And some minuses are from breakfast - was'nt enought food somethimes and from locals on the beach - they just need to sell something...

Room Tip: Ocean view :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank reinuvader
OraHotels, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at My Blue Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your friendly writing.
Breakfast always offers some different selections of English and Continental menus in a large amount.
Everywhere it is normal to find less choice in the last few minutes of the breakfast time, even if the buffet had been regularly replaced.
However it is really good if our guests are able to relax in spite of few minus.
Best regards.

Manuela Nascimbene
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The beach here in Nungwi is more beautiful that your imagination can perceive. Therefore you have to see it. We stayed in the front bungalows (1st floor), which are more expensive, but worth every cent.

Room Tip: front bungalows, 1st floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at My Blue Hotel for 2 nights on an Educational. I liked the rooms which were very spacious and was located right on the beach, the overall cleanliness was not up to standard. The shower could not close so therefor the water kept filling up the bathroom floor. The water tap had mould on it and was disgusting to touch it. The rest of the room was fine and very nice.

The meals were very average and very selective and not a big variety for dinner and breakfast. We did not feel the warmth of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff was lacking. Such a great hotel with a beautiful location but service delivery is the most importance.

The last thing was when I slipped and fell while walking to the other rooms. Another lady and I slipped and fell while walking to the other rooms because of the tiles being very slippery as it was raining the most of the day. We luckily did not have any injuries however we felt no sympathy from the Manager which is something that is very very important.

Overall it was an average stay but the overall ambience that one looks for while on holiday or business was lacking.

Room Tip: Rooms that are on the beach are large and you are right at the beach. Be careful of the tiles when...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Alli295
OraHotels, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at My Blue Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Colleague,
first of all we are really surprised to read you only on these few lines. We did not receive any complaint during your stay, not statements or verdict.
Referring to the bad working on the shower we point out that we did not receive any complaint before, during and after your stay. If so the shower would be promptly repaired by our maintenance staff available h24.
The meals are usually appreciated. Our Italian style does not miss to offer various choices of English and Continental breakfast. Hors d’oeuvres, pasta station with different kinds of sauces, minimum two main plates with vegetables, fruits and cakes are always offer in our buffet for lunch and dinner.
We are sincerely sorry for yours and the lady’s slipping. The bad weather conditions of the morning of your group site (we should remind that it is raining period in Zanzibar) made the floor be wet in an extraordinary way. Let’s image how it could be with the whole guests together in the same place with wet shoes, wet dresses and wet umbrellas.
Tourist agents know that educational are often organized in period where it is not possible to experience the hotel the same way as with sun, fun and a lot of guests.
Best regards.

Manuela Nascimbene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
Melia Zanzibar
#2 of 11 in Kiwengwa
4.5 of 5 stars 1,022 reviews
Diamonds Star of the East

Been to My Blue Hotel? Share your experiences!