“A very nice holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Nungwi
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A very nice holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very friendly staff, excellent food, the best location ever. Service is above average, the rooms are not as well furnished as one would expect (for instance there areno drawers in the room or bathroom at all), but everithing else compensates for that. So, all in one, a very nice experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had our honeymoon at the hotel. It was a great experience and can recommend to any travelers. The resort is safe and clean. I would recommend that South Africans check the menu as the food is very European based, although very good might not appeal to some.

Room Tip: Try get a room on the beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Good location. Clear water, white beach, no palmtrees. Nice garden. Crowded beach with italian packagetourists. Bugs all over the room. Terrible service, unproffesional staff in dirty clothes and bad food in a depressingly boring restaurant, dirty tablecloths with bugs allover. Ridiculus price for what you get.

Stay away ! Go for The Z hotel instead !

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I came to this hotel straight from a descend of Kilimanjaro and didn't know what to expect. Woke up the next morning to find I was in paradise. Loved the Italia vibe of the hotel, it reminded me of the Amalfi coast without the hills and rocky sand. Hotel was has it's own private beach which I must say is probably one of the best ones I saw in Nungwi. My room was great, had a little patio along with a 2 minute walk from the beach and 15 second walk to the pool.

Also must thank Pradeep the hotel manager for going above and beyond his duty to take care of my valuables since my safe in my room was out of commission. All in all great stay, Nungwi in Zanzibar is beautiful and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would just recommend it to everybody, we enjoyed a beautiful 7 nights staying, people very nice and friendly, the animation was just perfect for those who want a relaxing holidays, food was very good (true a bit repetitive but who cares if it is good? I would recommend more swahili dinners :)). The sunsets were amazing and the beach white and perfect. With the excursions organized by the hotel it is possible to visit beautiful places all over the Island. Rooms were clean and nice (chère Denise c'est l'Afrique... pas la Suisse..).

A big hello to all the animation team, to the Masai (Simone Mangiapolenta, Matteo il piccolo, Matteo il Grande) and to Ally (our super waiter).

ps. The beach boys were a bit annoying but it is part of the local folklore :)

Room Tip: Stay away from the bar if you want to go to bed before midnight :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I were staying at the hotel for two nights.
Good things: nice pool, good food and great beach.
Bad things: Rooms need renovation especially in the shower.
In-room safe broken ,though we asked several times for them to fix The safe, they promised to fixed the safe, but actually have not done anything which was pretty annoying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

After reading such mixed reviews I had low expectations of this hotel. We often travel on a budget and are genuinely not very fussy so we decided to overlook the more critical ones. Also my husband grew up in East Africa so we were not expecting super luxury by any means.

The resort itself is quite nice. Pretty pool and beach and the local staff are lovely (as they are everywhere in Tanzania). However our room was just awful - the shower kept leaking badly, which stank really horribly and attracted hordes of mosquitos. The grouting was thick with blue mould. It sounds trivial but it made me feel constantly grimy. We asked reception to move us twice and both times they sent a maintenance man to our room who was unable to do anything. The room was dark and smelly and the management had zero interest in our complaint, even though I offered twice to pay more money for a better room. I was told no better rooms were available but when I checked their website there certainly seemed to be. (Ground floor rooms by the pool area - where we were - seem to be the worst.)

As most reviews say, the food is pretty crap. 5 mins walk along the beach are two or three quite nice little bars that do reasonable food though and we were very pleased to find them, even though we'd paid half board at the hotel.

We stayed for the 5 nights we had pre-paid for and then moved to the hotel next door (Sunset Beach - Veraclub.) for our final 4 days. It was fantastic - lovely, big clean rooms with large verandas, a really spacious resort with great food and the nicest and most helpful staff and management imaginable. It was only a wee bit more expensive as well.

If the management respond to this post saying they tried to do something about our room, it's complete nonsense. We dislike confrontation and so were just seen as the sort of guests who could be palmed off with a stinking room.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room and the first floor, especially by the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to My Blue Hotel? Share your experiences!