I would just recommend it to everybody, we enjoyed a beautiful 7 nights staying, people very nice and friendly, the animation was just perfect for those who want a relaxing holidays, food was very good (true a bit repetitive but who cares if it is good? I would recommend more swahili dinners :)). The sunsets were amazing and the beach white and perfect. With the excursions organized by the hotel it is possible to visit beautiful places all over the Island. Rooms were clean and nice (chère Denise c'est l'Afrique... pas la Suisse..).
A big hello to all the animation team, to the Masai (Simone Mangiapolenta, Matteo il piccolo, Matteo il Grande) and to Ally (our super waiter).
ps. The beach boys were a bit annoying but it is part of the local folklore :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- My Blue Hotel is situated in a splendid scenario in one of the Island's most beautiful spots, Nungwi, famous for sunsets and for the sea. It is about 50 km far from the Stone Town airport. My Blue is developed in longitudinal manner and is characterized by an elegant and original tone to allow a relaxing and peaceful vacation. As you get closer and closer to the beach you are overwhelmingly stunned by the many enchanting different shades of blues of the Indian Ocean and of the splendid white, very fine sand. At only 200 km from the Hotel you can find Nungwi's fisherman's village, where you can admire the local craftsmenship and see the many local characteristic bars along the seaside in the vivid Nunwi area famous for nightlife. My Blue Hotel has 97 rooms divided in 5 different categories: Standard rooms, located on the ground floor Deluxe rooms, on the first floor with balcony Mini suite, on the ground floor and first floor with 1 extra bed Ocean View rooms, located on the ground and first floor, sea facing, with 2 extra beds. Every room is furnished in a boutique like decor and has one or more beds with: mosquito net, wardrobe, mirror, desk, luggage holder, air conditioning, internal telephone, digital safe, LCD Television with international channels, mini fridge, hair dryer and make-up mirror. My Blue Hotel offer a lounge area to relax, billiard, darts, equipped open gym and a little Spa with 2 cabins massage. There are different restaurants available for the Clients: MAIN BUFFET RESTAURANT that includes selection of Italian and international cousine with 7 evening themed dinners "MWEZI" BEACH RESTAURANT at extra charge: open from 10am to 10pm offers snack menù , menù light and pizza. Seafood menu, lobster, sushi and sashimi are also available upon reservation. "ALI BABA" RESTAURANT at extra charge: sophisticated Indian, Arabic, Zanzibarian food served in a typical atmosphere comfortable seated on cushions, pool view surrounded by candlelight with opportunity to smoke traditional Shisha pipe. Open for dinner, reservation is required. Moreover it is possible to arrange all kind of excursions and we have a Diving Center where you can go diving, snorkeling, organize sunset cruise and other water activities. External medical service is available. Mastercard and Visa Credit Cards are accepted, 5% surcharge will be applied. Currency exchange is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your My Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myblue Zanzibar Boutique Nungwi
- My Blue Hotel Zanzibar Island/Nungwi