When we arrived at the resort I was firstly taken away by the resorts fabulous design and decor - it is based on the beach and is beautifully landscaped. As well as it's pretty location, I was then blown away by the fantastic service provided by all of the staff, which did not stop until we left the resort. Everyone is so friendly and eager to please - the staff will do anything to make your stay pleasurable.
The room we stayed in was massive and very clean - all rooms are cleaned at least twice a day, and every night someone will come in and set up your mosquito net that surrounds your bed. The food, although not Michel Roux standard, is very good for a buffet - with plenty to choose from. To avoid buffet-food boredom, the resort does mix it up regularly, by hosting bbq's on the beach or having certain themes to keep meal times interesting. The bar staff are also amazing at cocktails - I highly recommend the Pina coladas!
The only thing I would criticise about the resort, is the "beach boys" that try to sell to you every time you are on the beach. Although this is not the resorts fault, as the "beach boys" are legally allowed to sell on the beach, they can be annoying, especially when you want to walk along the coast in peace. However usually with a firm "no" they will leave you alone.
If you do choose to stay here I would recommend asking the resort to organise a private car to pick you up from the airport. We did, and it really was a life saver, as after our long journey from the UK, the one thing I did need was aircon for an hour long journey to the resort.
Our stay was highly enjoyable and I recommend this hotel purely because of its amazing location, set-up and staff service. Thank you Royal Zanzibar! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets just add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a double bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Nungwi