“Spend one week in Paradise” 4 of 5 stars

You added Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   North Coast | PO Box 3425, Nungwi, Tanzania   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Spend one week in Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Jambo !!
I spent one week at the Royal Zanzibar , I had no expectations and told myself I am going to Africa with an open mind. The road was long ,hot and dusty from the airport to the hotel upon arrival we were met by friendly staff and refreshing coconut water and face towels,
The room was garden facing and very spacious and a bath tub to accommodate two !!
The Staff definitely blew me away with their genuine friendliness and concern nothing was ever a problem .I had a problem with the shower tap it was sorted within 15 Minutes .
The swimming pools and bar areas were always clean , needless to say the choice of mocktails was really good.
The variety of food everyday - normally when you at a hotel for 7 days it can get a bit boring with the meal selection - lets say the Royal Zanzibar makes every dinner experience a memorable occasion from dinner on the beach , along side the pool in the garden etc.
The hotel is on the beach - powder soft sand , shades of blue water and the warm .
The resort exceeded our expectations for sure.
Besides the resort the actual staff's hospitality warmth no words can explain. Well done to manager , Kim when you have such happy staff then you know you doing a great job.

Upon arrival at home I was still in the habit of wanting to say Jambo to everyone and ending each sentence with Hakuna Matata .

The Royal Zanzibar is highly recommended and will definitely return soon

Asante Sana
R Hassen

Room Tip: We had a garden room c23
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Jambo! and a heartfelt asante sana for your generous and wonderful review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort and for your kind recommendation!

With so many wonderful places to see around the world and an admittedly difficult to reach destination, we consider it a compliment of the highest order when guests are eager to return. It was a pleasure to read your entire review, but my favourite point was the "genuine" friendliness of our staff. I'm proud of each and every one of them and I love being able to share reviews like this with them. I generally leave out bits about me when I'm reading them out loud... but I'm very touched to be mentioned and thank you very much for your kindness! Of course, we also love knowing that you took some hakuna matata home with you and hope that that and your memories of your stay will keep you relaxed and happy until you return.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi, do let us know when you're coming back!

Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the. The staff are just wonderful. Totally obliging and this is obviously a reflection on Senior Management. The hotel is clean and the facilities is ideal. Cannot stop raving to whoever I meet. Only thing i can fault is the 2.5 kg that I have put on due to the variety of tasty food as well as the deserts. Could not resist to over indulge.
Hoosein Rajah

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your heartwarming and wonderful review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

It was delightful to speak with you during your stay and we appreciate your positive comments both then and now. We're very proud of our staff and it's a pleasure to be able to share such kind words with them when we receive reviews like this.

We were sorry however, to hear about the 2.5kgs... we will be sure to set you up for daily gym times with Salim on your return, in order to ensure that we return you home in the same state that you arrived!

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. We sincerely hope that we will be welcoming you both back... maybe with your children? in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and daughter and Myself had the Best Beach Holiday in our Lives.
The Managers,Chefs, Waiters etc were at hand all the time. Food was Excellent, with a lot of Varities to choose from.
Royal Zanzibar is a place where you throw your watch away and let Time pass by.
I have never felt so peaceful in my life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RZBRmanager, Manager - Social Media & Communications at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Shiraz Nanji,

Thank you for your terrific review on The Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort. We always strive to achieve goals and targets for guest satisfaction.

Your comments have been distributed to the concerned departments.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Asante Sana.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A friendly welcome on arrival with a refreshing drink of fresh coconut after a long hot and dusty trip from our safari in Tanzania. the room was spacious and comfortable but could have done with a few more coat hangers.
My wife has walking difficulties, and we were immediately given the use of a wheelchair for our weeks stay, which with ought we would have never managed as the resort is spacious and on an incline.. thank you!
unfortunately we were woken on our first night by a horrendous thunder storm. that wreaked havoc on several of the hotel buildings, leaving the only option of dining in the main restaurant, although the staff put on a beach BBQ daily which was fun. Sadly the food in general we found to be disappointing. unless you like pasta.
The rain continued on and off the rest of our stay and coupled with a stomach upset, spoiled our chance of visiting more of the island and what was hoped to be a relaxing week. We realise this was not the fault of the hotel, as it appeared the rainy season had arrived early, as for the dickey tummy, I can't say?
All the staff were extremely friendly and always very helpful, especially relieving me at times the struggle of pushing the wheelchair up hill, thank you boys!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RZBRmanager, Manager - Social Media & Communications at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear keith_bidwell,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Your comment will be passed on to the boys who helped you out and to the Management.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Holon, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Royal Zanzibar B.R, we cant think of something wrong we experienced there! Beautiful big rooms - see pictures - what you see is what you get! Very clean! Newly internet in the room which was perfect for us. Very friendly stuff - all the stuff! My husband is very difficult with his meals and there was always at least 1 solution for him in one of the restaurants, because the people warking there wanted him to be happy and always surprise him with their attention and remeber what he needs! I would like to thank Claudy from the Spacies restaurant for welcoming us for breakfast every single morning with his big smile, Rajab and his friends for making my husbands special mornings shakes!!!! Kheri, Siwema, Theresa, Mikembo, Margaret, Zainab, Ali and also the survisors Robert and Kapigawasi for their grate job at ther restaurants!! Im sorry if I forgot someone, everybody are just stunnig there! I would like to highlight Salim, he was always there for us, ready lo listen to us and to other guest and he was a grate source of infromations for us!! Thank you for making our holidays the best on ever and hope to see you all when we return also with our children!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RZBRmanager, Manager - Social Media & Communications at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Martina,

It was a pleasure meeting you during your check-out.

Thank you for your stunning review for Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort. Reviews like these is what makes our team more happy and be more helpful to our guests.

We will pass on your positive comments to the teams you have mentioned.

We look forward to your next arrival with your children.

Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've stayed there for 8 days after our safari trip. It was the best holidays ever. Hotel is located at the north part of the island at the beautiful beach, very long and created for walking. Gardens very colourful, four pools with salty water – very big, infinity type. Sunbeds very comfortable.
We had a beautiful room with the ocean view and it was an amazing experience to wake up every morning and see the blue water. The room was very spacy, with a huge bathroom, with a shower and a double bathtube. The staff is amazing, caring about our comfort all the time, very friendly and polite. Many young trainees trying to do everything to make your stay even better. The food is delicious, with italian influences – most of guests are Italian – so you can get fresh made pasta, pizza, plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables.
Evenings – twice we had outside garden dinner, there were also some animations organized e.g. -the Masai dance.
Among the people there are a few cats living in the hotel - I'm a big cat fan so I was happy I can feed them.
No doubt – if I could stay longer, I would; if I have any chance to go back to Zanzibar – this is the place I will visit again with a great pleasure.
And ask to the management and staff: don't forget to feed cats, please!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post both your lovely review and a number of photos of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

It was such a pleasure to speak with you while you were here and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We're also delighted that you took special note of our hardworking trainees. Tourism is a relatively new industry for Zanzibar and we do everything we can to ensure that the local staff are being encouraged to learn and progress. That includes not only our own staff and the training we do with them, but also the trainees who are students in the tourism colleges on the island and come to do their practicum with us. We do what we can to give them the experience they need, but it's lovely to also be able to share your kind words with them, I'm sure that will encourage them in their work here and their further studies.

As for the cats, have no fear!! We have a number of cat lovers among the management staff and these are the best cared for working cats you're ever going to find! We promise to take good care of them until your return.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. We look forward (as do the cats!) to your return in the near future.

Kenilworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife (Abby Wilde.....wildechilde123) has already reviewed this hotel and I concur with everything she has said....this hotel is stunning !!!! I'm not very good at writing reviews so I will just add that after spending just half a day at the hotel, we decided that we would definitely put this RSBR on our list of places to revisit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for adding your very supportive review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort to the one your wife had already submitted.

We are still not sure that there is a bigger compliment than guests who would like to return when we are not exactly located in an easy-to-travel-to location! The fact that you made the decision in your first half day is an even bigger compliment that we simply can't thank you for enough.

It really was a pleasure to meet you both and we look forward with great anticipation to your return in the near future. Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort.

Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort

Been to Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!