We stayed at Ants Nest for 5 nights in March 2011 with our two daughters, aged 10 & 12. This was our first safari, so we didn't know what to expect. The holiday was just incredible. We saw so many animals, so very close when you are on horseback. The enthusiastic guides are extremely knowledgeable and kept even my restless 10 year old absolutely spell bound. The various activities give you very different experiences; the game drives let you see a huge variety of game, the riding safaris let you get so close to the animals and the walking safaris were just fascinating.
All the staff are obviously very passionate about their work, and take great pride in making sure you have the best stay possible. Nothing was too much trouble, yet it was a very relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious, the rooms beautiful, the pool was great for the kids. Where else could you have lunch, with a mother & baby rhino wandering past just 20 metres away?
From the minute you get woken up with a cup of tea brought to you in bed, to the evening after a day full of new experiences, when your washing is done, ironed and waiting for you in your room, you feel that you are the luckiest person on earth to be there.
The only thing I would change is we should have stayed longer, we wanted to see the elephants and big cats on different reserves, but the girls refused point blank to leave Ants Nest. Oh, and if you've read the other reviews, yes, we did feel as if we left as friends, and yes, we did cry when we left!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest Vaalwater, Waterberg, South Africa