“Good value for money paid” 4 of 5 stars

Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Platamon 600 65, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Platamon
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Good value for money paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent 3 days and New Year's in Olympus Thea. I guess this makes my review not very relevant because we did't go there for beach and summer vacation and the hotel was only opened for those few winter days. But I still will share my experience:
The staff was extremely friendly and very thoughtful of their guests.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the matresses were amazing - we literally fell in love with them and didn't want to get up morning time. Best mattress I've ever slept on.
The cleanliness of the rooms however... Well, I'm sure they can do better. The bathroom was not very clean the first day we checked in and it stayed that way through our stay. Also the towels looked kind of old and ragged.
The restaurant is really cosy. I loved the chairs - really comfortable and the tipe of chair I would buy for my home. The food... It was just OK. There was not a great variety of dishes for breakfast and dinner, not that tasty either. The New Year's eve dinner was the best meal we had for the entire stay.
We were unpleasantly surprised that the Spa Facility was not open. We were looking forward spending some time spoiling ourself there but they didn't make the effort to open this time of the year for a full house...
The hotel is quite far from the beach and the center of the village and you definetely need a car to get there...
Despite the little flaws of the hotel we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms other than sea view face a really busy and noisy main road, so sea view is a must if you want...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I want to share my regards to the hotel staff, they were brilliant!
The food was excellent, rooms were comfortable, the location is sensibly - close to many historical places and beatiful towns!

Congratulation from Bulgaria!

See you soon :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I only stopped here as I was tired driving to Athens. The room was very modern and bright with a big balcony. I struggled with the wifi and mobile phone coverage was also patchy which could be an issue for the business traveller. There was a nice pool area - empty this time of year and a terrace overlooking the sea. The room was quiet modern with a very nice bathroom. Breakfast was basic due to low occupancy but freshly prepared, Staff gave safety tips to rejoin main road without being asked. Maybe the shower could be a bit hotter but I will return to enjoy this hotel more fully - there is a big castle nearby which lookis like its worth a visit,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel

Address: Platamon 600 65, Greece
Location: Greece > Central Macedonia > Pieria Region > Platamon
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Platamon
Hotel Class:4 star — Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.