“Excellent food, service and view” 5 of 5 stars

2 Anderson Place, Cottage Point, Warringah, New South Wales 2084, Australia
(02) 9456 1011
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food, service and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

An amazing fine dining restaurant. While not cheap, the food is some of the best around and the staff are helpful and friendly. Then there's the view, amazing! You can even get a seaplane or boat to the restaurant. 5 stars all round.

• Visited May 2013

Glossop, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Third visit to Australia from the UK and on each occasion have lunched at Cottage point. This time We took our son and his wife who were blown away by the location and the food.
Previously we had arrived by the seaplane but this time took the ferry which was just great.
The food and location make this such a special place and if we revisit Australia we will definitely pay another visit

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful location, but not as perfect as it once was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We first visited this restuarant for a wedding in 2008 and it was incredible. Inspirational food served by the most talented waiters. Heaven. Then we visisted again in 2009, another great experience.

2011 we went back to a very different experience. Average food and far below average service, still for the same way above average prices.

I let the restaurant know that standards had slipped, and they responded very well, apologising and giving us a voucher. We tried again in 2012, and...well...it was fine, but it's just lost the magic. The location is still as wonderful, but the food is just standard fare now. Go for a lovely lunch, but don't save this place for a special occasion any more.

Visited September 2012
“Hands down...absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The location is stunning (take the seaplane!), the menu is deliciously creative and the service second to none. The se-million was brimming with recommendations, which made for great cocktails and a crisp white accompaniment with our meal. It was a birthday treat from my husband and it was simply magical.
I was so impressed I wrote a post about it on my blog www.thirtysomethingdownunder.com check it out for more info on getting there and more pics.
I guess this should come with a huge BUT...the weather is the only thing that can spoil this trip.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Gluten Free dining at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not the easiest place to find, but well worth the drive through the bush and the uncertain walk down a long path and stairs to the water, hoping that the restaurant was down there.

The location is stunning (photo), and you're made to feel welcome on arrival. Not normally a cocktail drinker, I was talked into trying an Elderflower Sangria (first pressing of port before being fortified, St Germain elderflower liqueur and Ruby Red grapefruit built over ice) and it was delicious and very refreshing.

The service was excellent. All dishes were explained in detail. The menu is coeliac friendly and all care is taken. I did mention I was a coeliac at the time of booking and was told that they would note that down and I was looked after every step of the way through lunch.

While my companions enjoyed sourdough bread and olive oil to start, I was given a hot gluten free bread roll and separate olive oil, which actually tasted like real bread. My fellow diners had an amuse-bouche of french oyster soup (which I'm told was delicious). Unfortunately this was not gluten free, but a special gluten free amuse-bouche of cucumber, tapenade and goat's cheese was prepared for me (also delicious).

For starters, my companions had Spring Onion & Thyme Gnocchi, Goats Chèvre, Garden Peas, Pea Pureé & Pinenuts and Saffron Risotto, Pickled Beetroot, Parmesan, Petit Herbs. The gnocchi was wonderful and the risotto was good. I had Pan Seared Sea Scallops, Almond Fluid Gel, Watercress, Sultanas, Curry Oil. These were absolutely delicious. (All were AUD26) See photo.

The whole table decided on Hawkesbury Valley Duck Breast, Orange, Smoked Fennel, Toasted Oats, Spiced Jus (AUD45). The duck was superb. (The toasted oats were left off my gluten free serving). See photo.

We chose two sides to accompany the duck. Dauphine Potatoes for the those who could eat gluten and Wild Rocket, Williams Pear, Blue Cheese, Honey & Hazelnut Dressing. (both were AUD10.50)

We never made it to dessert. But we did have coffee. And the coffee was excellent. Very strong.

A beautiful dining experience. I would recommend it especially to couples. There is a dining and seaplane package available, which includes a flight over the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, for that special occasion.

• Visited April 2013