“So disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to Capriccio as a last minute decision. At 7 30pm the place was deserted. Should have been our first clue. We ordered lemon calamari for entree. It was quite rubbery and bland.
I ordered the venison - which was cooked well, but all of the accompaniments were flavourless and disappointing. The other meal ordered was the shrimp and venison pasta. Two shrimp in the entire dish - with the shells still attached. Fetching them out of a tomato sauce that tasted straight from a can and peeling with fingers was somewhat appalling. Small chunks of the venison chorizo sausage were barely visible amongst the plentiful /cheap/ penne.
So very disappointed, considering the price.
Amazing view of the lake though!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome...MUST have 6 hour slow cooked lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Recommended to go here after the half day Fox Glacier walk... No way were e
We disappointed.. Staff fantastic, meal was out of this world... Husband had the pork hock and I the 6 hour slow cooked lamb.... Entree was carpaccio of venison, and the medallions of venison.. Absolutely world class... I finished the night with vanilla ice cream and the creme brûlée.... I was impressed... When visiting Wanaka .. Then this is the place to eat ! Well done guys you rocked!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious Lamb Shoulder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We walked to this little restaurant from our Motel. It looks a little questionable from the outside but since our motel recommended it we went for it. The interior is not very impressive, simple room nothing fancy about it, the service was good, and very friendly. I had the lamb shoulder which was slow cooked and came on a sizzling hot plate with sauce on the side for me to pour over. It was amazing. I'm not a big lamb eater but thought I owed it to New Zealand to eat their lamb locally. It the best lamb I had on the whole trip maybe even my favorite lamb ever. :) My husband had the rack of lamb (he is a big lamb eater) which was also quite good but he agreed that the shoulder was a lot better. It was a special so I don't think they have it all the time but if they do go for it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
central texas
“Bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Out of all the places we ate while in NZ this was the most disappointing. The entrees were not cheap but very bland. No flavor to any of the four different dishes we ordered (one ordered steak two different pasta dishes and pizza). It was very hot in the restaurant and it seemed as though when we were there that they tailored their restaurant to an older crowd. They never brought me the salad I ordered and they charged us twice for one entree. It was disappointing to say the least.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wanaka, New Zealand
“Mouthwatering Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great variety of food (unbelievebly good lamb and pork...mmmm) at a great value, friendly and helpful staff, right in the middle of Wanaka!

Visited November 2012