Oakridge is a 'resort' just outside the main town of Wanaka. Bit too far to walk into town so you rely on the facilities here. Double rooms are very small and cramped. The resort is based on 3 level town house style accomodation. Our older children had a twin with a balcony with more space. Reception staff very helpfull and a nice lounge to relax in. Long pool and small gym available. We had an evening meal in their restaurant which was average quality but then ushered out at 10pm because the staff wanted to go home.
The hotel is popular for the annual air show.
I would look at equivalent accomodation in Wanaka nearer to the town to settle.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka Hotel
- Grand Mercure Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka Hotel Wanaka
- Mercure Wanaka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Oakridge Resort is 100 kilometres from Queenstown and 2 kilometres from Lake Wanaka, the fourth largest lake in New Zealand. The resort features 173 hotel rooms and fully equipped apartments, a superb restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, heated swimming pool with poolside bar and a day spa. During the warmer months, local activities include bushwalking, mountain climbing and fishing, while in winter the snowfields of Treble Cone and Cardrona are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Mercure Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.