“Pet Friendly, oh wow oh wowie!!” 4 of 5 stars

Manuka Crescent Motel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Manuka Crescent, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Wanaka
Christchurch, NZ
“Pet Friendly, oh wow oh wowie!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Where to begin, I was so well behaved for ever since Owner mum and Owner dad went down to Wanaka and Queenstown last time and it paid off!!! I got to go too this time. Owner mum wanted me to have some fun on a holiday too so she found the Manuka Crescent Motel especially for me. When she was searching the interweb and making phone calls I made sure stayed close to her and helped all I could. I know how stressfull booking trips can be; I looked at the screen with her and sat by her and eventually she smiled at me and gave me the best cuddlehug, my tail did wag so many times.

We got there and a nice lady gave us free milk, how nice is that?! My room was nice and big with another small room inside it with a comfy big bed in it there were 2 smaller beds for 1 human each in the main room, where the couch and TV were, not that this mattered to me, I had my bean bag. There was a humans shower room and a toilet inside for them, I still had to go outside for my toilet, and I don't care much for showers, but all my human pack were happy, so I wagged my tail for them. All of the humans had towells, I did not and they could have coffee, different teas or hot chocolate to drink, made all the better for the free milk they'd been given. There were nice grounds for me walk around and I found a baby hedgehog so I told Owner mum and she moved him to safety, I'd seen cats about, you can't trust cats, I learned that lesson.

It was nice not to be right in the town of Wanaka, cos I get spooked buy lots of noises so this was just nice for me. The pack drove into the town which takes about 6 minutes, that's your human minutes, don't multiply it by 7, it's not necessary in this case. We could have all walked but the rain put some of the pack off this idea, I was secretly quite glad, I just hate the smell of wet human.

We had a nice time in the clean big room with small rooms inside it. I am now trying really hard to be just so very good that I can go on another holiday trip with the rest of my pack next time they go. Pet Friendly is the bestest, thank you.

Room Tip: They are so friendly on the phone so if you are not sure if looking online, call them, simples.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This motel must be the best value in New Zealand, just $125 for a largish 2 bed apartment which was clean and tidy and had sky tv. It's a bit of a walk into town which we enjoyed and wifi was not available in our unit although I understand that it was in others. I would highly recommend this motel and will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Check that your room has wifi as not all do
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This turned out to be one of the cheaper motel stays but it is a little out of the town. Our unit was very clean and efforts had been made to refurbish the interiour, we had a lovely view of the mountains from our window. A healthy walk into town or a car which takes a few minutes. Overall, no complaints and good for those on a family budget.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Isle of Wight, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We were really pleased with this well kitted-out motel. It was clean, spacious, and had everything we needed for a week's stay in Wanaka. The staff were friendly and accommodating, and it was easily the best value we found here (confirmed by the local iSite office). Fast Wi-Fi connection!
Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We were only staying for one night and wanted something cheap but self contained. We got what we paid for. We had a car so the location was fine, I think to walk to town could take up to half an hour though didn't prove this. The unit we stayed in was built alongside reception. The bedroom must be opposite the reception desk as we could hear people checking out next door. The bed was comfortable but most disappointing was the absence of pillowslips. I guess this just must have been an oversight on the part of the cleaners. We only noticed when we went to bed so too late to get some from next door. There was one spare pillow with a pillowslip in a cupboard, my husband put a tshirt over his pillow. The bathroom was ok, clean and nice large towels. The window in there had been left open as it was very hot that day. This meant debris from a nearby tree had collected in the shower tray. This room is a challenge for tall people due to slanting roofs, but we knew that when we booked. There was a plug in smelly scented wall Thimbu in the lounge area. This was very strong and unpleasant, We hid it away in a drawer:).

I have rated two for service because I mentioned the absent pillowcases to reception, in case he thought we stole them. I thought this would have been a cause for concern, but he barely acknowledged my concern.

• Stayed February 2011
Palmerston North, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We booked this motel due to having a stop over in Wanaka for 1 night & due to paying for extra in our other travels, thought we would go a little less budget.

It was a very average motel, that you do need a car for - would be about a 15+ min walk to town otherwise. It is a older style motel with basic equipment.

Room itself wasn't to bad in size & bathroom a reasonable size, along with the kitchen. If cooking there was a hotplate that plugged in. We dined out, so not a problem. The bed wasn't the best & didn't have a good night's sleep because of it. Also the shower was very very low presure - which was disappointing. Also there where a number of signs every where - felt like I was at school. Eg if you get makeup on the towels & we can't get out, you will iccur a cost, etc.

Also the TV was a 14" stuck up on the wall - which if you where a family wanting to enjoy a movie you would find it hard.

The only really concerning thing was that the armchair in our room was wet. When we first arrived the heater was on, which we thought was nice & I put my bag onto the chair & went out. On returning went to sit in the chair that I discovered was wet - reason why heater must be on. I'm guessing that maybe they had cleaned it - but it would of been nice to tell us that the chair was wet (no sign this time), so that we didn't use or at least give us another chair or room for the night.

It was ok & we paid for what we got - budget accommodation. I personally would look for somewhere else next time we go to Wanaka - closer to town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The Wanaka Crescent Hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the main drag into suburbia. The owner was wonderful and very helpful. Off street, undercover parking is available. The rooms are very comfortable with a kitchen and a nice big bathroom. It would be absolutely perfect for an extended stay in Wanaka! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Manuka Crescent Motel? Share your experiences!