“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Atlanta, Georgia
37 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Debbie does a fine job with riders of all abilities, including novices. She advertises a 90 minute trail ride, but it's more like 2 hours across spectacular landscape. Great value for the money

This is a must do activity in Wanaka.

Penang, Malaysia
8 attraction reviews
“Safe, friendly horses, great guide and awesome views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The horse trekking is one of the highlights of my honeymoon to NZ with my wife. All the horses were gentle and friendly, as well as the stable owner's dog, Missy. The ride itself was informative, had gorgeous views and our guide, Debbie was really friendly and informative.

It was almost a 2 hour ride through planes and rolling hills with views of snow-capped mountains. We crossed creeks, streams and sheep paddocks as well.

Overall, an awesome place to go (We would definitely go again). Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Friendly and Safe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went on the 90min ride in May and were lucky to have a small group only 4 people plus Deb. The horses were lovely and Deb tried to cater for the differing abilities well. I have been riding for a long time and my bf had only sat on a horse once before. At a few points Deb got me to stop and I got left behind so I could canter to catch up. The western style of riding does take a while to get used to it wasn't until the end that I felt well balanced. Would definitely recommend to anyone regardless of ability

Visited May 2013
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Amazing scenery!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent a couple of hours out with Deb and her horses, it was a great trip. We were given very clear instructions before we started, which meant we could sit back and relax, the horses are so well behaved. Biddy, my horse was amazing, she knew what I was thinking before I did. Would reccommend this to anyone, the scenery is amazing along the way.

Visited April 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
22 attraction reviews
“Best horses, wrong group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We've been on several horse treks in NZ but these appaloosas were by far the best and most comfortable ones (even the husband did not suffer any pain... :-))! They had to be since almost the whole 90min trip we had to jog to keep up with the guide who led with significant speed. Not sure if she was in a hurry or had to made up the time we lost because of a couple that was very late and just showed up before we actually were supposed to leave. One way or another, we did not have much luck with the group since in the end we were 12 people which I think is way too much, esp for one guide. We later learned that th. morning group was only 2 people. So better ask when booking which group has less people booked so far!.Anyway, our guide (the former owner I understood?) did a great job entertaining everybody, explaining about local plants, animals and landscape and even took great pictures of us on the horse posing. Thank you for that! And at the end we experienced ones got some nice gallop time :-) Would definitely go with them again and highly recommend to anybody interested!

Visited February 2013