“A glorious day of fish!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 64 Activities in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to experience stunning Lake Wanaka than from the deck of our luxury 8 metre launch. Adventure Wanaka offers fishing, picnics on secluded islands and private charters on the lake. Located in the heart of the beautiful Southern Lakes Region, Wanaka has a wonderful variety of beaches, bays and bush clad islands just waiting to be explored.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wanaka, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“A glorious day of fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

What a perfect way to spend an hour or a few hours on Lake Wanaka. We caught 2 browns and a rainbow for dins. Davey was the best guide...informative and fun and a pleasure to guide us. Delicious tea treats as well! We'll definitely be including this again for our next fun fishing outing!!

Visited November 2013

London
“A day out with Davy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This review is coming a little late but we have had a busy year so I have only just sat down to wrote my New Zealand reviews. In February of this year (2013) my boyfriend and I set off to NZ on a holiday of a lifetime. We planned each step of the way and one of our stops was Wanaka.

We had found some recommendations for a fishing trip on the lake with Wanaka so we though we not. It turned out to be one of the best days of our entire trip.

We booked a fishing trip which also included a tour of the lake. We met our host Davy in the morning who was wonderful and kept us thoroughly entertained for the whole trip. He listened to what we wanted to get out of out fishing trip (myself a tour of the lake, and my boyfriend to catch some big fish) and he fulfilled our needs in a wonderful and fun way.

He knew all the history and was very funny too. We got to see some views of the lake that were literally breathtaking. You have to see them for yourself to understand.

During the trip we caught 1 salmon and 1 trout which Davy prepared for us and we cooked then cooked later that evening on the public BBQ that sits just next to the edge of the lake. It was the freshest yummiest fish I have ever eaten.

We were fed with some scrumptious cakes made by Davy's wife.

It was a truly great day. Highly recommended! Thanks Davy.

Rachel & Chris (London)

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were recommended Adventure Wanaka and after our trip I see why.
My wife and I wanted to head out for a few hours of fishing and Davy was great. The boat was really comfortable and it made things more enjoyable.
Our trip was full of information and stories of the past and current town and the lake and surrounding which was great. He made you feel at home quite easily, and even had a few homemade biscuits and chocolate chip muffins to enjoy whilst fishing.
We were lucky enough to catch a brown trout, which is always a bonus when heading out fishing and were able to take it home for dinner as well.
I would defiantly be back again next time we are in Wanaka.

Visited September 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

What better way to see wanaka than on a trike with a local that has alot of knowledge. My partner and I had an amazing time and are so glad we decided to do this trip and were regretting we didnt have time to do the fishing. We felt welcomed and at home and it was very cool to be on a trike! Would recommend this to anyone, definitely a must do and value for money :)

Visited August 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Fishing on Lake Wanaka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a very enjoyable couple of hours fishing on Lake Wanaka today. Dave went out of his way to make sure we caught a fish! The boat is very comfortable and Dave an experienced, knowledgable and interesting host. There was even delicious home baking for morning tea. The scenery is of course spectacular.

Visited August 2013