“Lamb Shanks to die for!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Bar

Lake Bar
155 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand (Formerly The Wanaka Ale House)
+64 3-443 2920
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 59 restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Kellyville, Australia
“Lamb Shanks to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 NEW

Awesome food and a serving size the was incredibly large.
Struggled to get through it....just.
Brilliant

Visited July 2014

94% Recommend
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the chicken burger and it was so yummy. The meal was great value. I look forward to visiting next time forsure! Thank you for a wonderful feed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vicki B, Owner at Lake Bar, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thanks for your review, Emma, hope to see you back at Lake Bar again soon.
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Nice pub to grab grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

On our first night in Wanaka my husband and I were looking for a local place to grab a bite to eat. We were told to try out the Lake Bar. When we arrived we had no problem getting a seat and ordered our drinks quickly after that. They had a great selection of Ales to choose from, before we decided to start with the calamari. The calamari was perfectly fried, not a lot of excess oil and a nice crispy outside. I was tired of heavy fried food so I went with the lamb salad and my husband chose the lamb chops. My salad was exactly what I was looking for, light and crisp. The lamb chops were well cooked and the sauce paired with it perfectly.

There were some great TV's so we could watch the match as we ate and the atmosphere was very pub like. We enjoyed ourselves, our pints and the food. If your in town looking for some great pub food I highly recommend you having a pint and a bite at the Lake Bar.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vicki B, Owner at Lake Bar, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thankyou for your kind review, although our Lamb Salad & Lamb Chops have just now been removed from our menu until the Summer, we have replaced these with a Lamb Massaman Curry, made with the eye fillet lamb and Lamb Shanks that full apart on your plate and melt in your mouth. thanks again.
Perth, Australia
“great service great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Warm environment great service and great food. we went for dinner on a particular evening and I ordered a favourite dish of mine only to be told that the dish was only for the lunch time menu so I asked the waiter to ask the chef if he could please make it as it is a favourite of mine and the waiter returned and said that the chef will cook your required dish which was great service and the food very good.

Visited November 2013
Vicki B, Owner at Lake Bar, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for your kind review, I am pleased to hear my staff are continually being proactive and accommodating where possible to all our guests. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Decent pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Well priced, good service, good standard pub grub menu... Ribs are good..
Large area with plenty of tv watching spots :)

Vicki B, Owner at Lake Bar, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for your great review, we have set our menu at the GOOD Pub Style food, with decent portions & value for money, Ribs are a favourite of mine too. Large TV screens situated thru out the Bar & Restaurant are great to be able to sit & view the sports teams you support, pleased you enjoyed your visit to Lake Bar and maybe see you back some time soon.