“Don't let a cloudy day stop you from taking this flight” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 65 Activities in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 in 1 incredible scenic flight plus your fun chance to fly a plane. Show up, get in and fly! Sit back and enjoy a truely superb personalised scenic flight over the lakes, mountains and glaciers. We use new Light Sport aircraft that are the most eco-friendly aircraft operating in the world today.
Sydney, Australia
“Don't let a cloudy day stop you from taking this flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Woke up in Wanaka to a overcast morning but thankfully by the middle of the day the cloud started dispersing. My flight was at 1pm and by then there where only a few clouds at various heights. Actually a little bit of cloud, in my opinion, adds greatly to the flight.

The scenery was spectacular, the plane was quite nimble and a pleasure to control. Was quite sad when time was up.

My "co-pilot" was great too, since you get to sit in the left hand seat, the "pilots" seat.

Must do again and highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Ruth P, Owner at U-Fly Wanaka, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and I have to agree that the cloud does add a kind of atmosphere to the whole experience. I look forward to flying with you again one day.

Hong Kong, China
“Great Flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was the first time I flew by myself and the experience was very good. The instructor, Ruth, was very nice and she gave me control of the plane most of the time except from take off and landing. Thank you.

Visited February 2013
Ruth P, Owner at U-Fly Wanaka, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. It is always appreciated and I am happy that you liked flying the plane. Lake Wanaka is always so beautiful to fly around. Kind regards, Ruth.
New Delhi, India
“Incredible Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a surreal experience it was! The weather was perfect and the locales, the lake and the scenery, everything was breathtaking! Both my husband and I flew took separate scenic flights. Ruth and Wayne do an incredible job! The air crafts are state-of-the-art and both of them have such a rich knowledge about the area. You can tell that they love their job. Its undoubtedly, one of the best travel experiences I have had. If you are visiting the South Island, New Zealand, you must visit Wanaka and ofcourse fly with U-Fly Wanaka!

Visited April 2013
Ruth P, Owner at U-Fly Wanaka, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Shobhana, Thank you so much to you and your husband for flying with us. It was so good to show you our wonderful area and to chat with you both afterwards. We look forward to seeing you again one day. Kind regards, Ruth and Wayne.
Hong Kong, China
“To do before you die”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Worth every single penny. My family had a great time with Ruth. With the great weather on our day of visit, all of us agreed that its definitely an experience of a life-time. A must do if you are anywhere near Wanaka, and certainly the case if you are in Wanaka.

Visited May 2013
Ruth P, Owner at U-Fly Wanaka, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and I really enjoyed flying with you and talking. I hope your father and brother enjoyed their time in NZ-may see you again one day and good luck with your bucket list!
“I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I had very good time flight with Ruth! She know a lots things about this area, and funny too! I'm so enjoy it. I think everyone has to do at least once in the life!! It's awesome experience! Thanks Ruth!!

Visited May 2013
Ruth P, Owner at U-Fly Wanaka, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Barry, I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope you caught some fish on the end of your holiday. Thank you for the review and it was a pleasure to fly with you.