Reception is the first contact point, and the service at this point should have alerted us to the fact we should turn around and walk out. But our apartments had been booked for 6weeks on the internet.
We had booked a 2 and 3 bedroom townhouse. As we were competing in the ironman event, and had a four month baby we wanted to all be staying at the same location for ease of babysitting and the convenience. Although the address on our confirmation was the same, and both apartments had been booked on the same credit card, under the same name. We were put in two different locations. Convenient this was not!! I think we could have been notified of this prior to our arrival
When other members of our party arrived the receptionist was less than helpful - "I think the apartment is somewhere up there". There was no cheerful welcome or any offer of a town map.
The word "luxury" should be used very sparingly in names. And should definitely be removed from this apartment title. The three bedroom apartment that I was staying in was very tired. Fading and wear to the couches, tiny bathrooms and bedrooms. We didn't read self serviced in their description, so therefore there are no fresh towels daily. This could be tolerated if you were provided with more than one towel per person. As I said early, we were there for an event. So there were several trips through the showers. And wet towels to dry off with.
On check out they were unaware of our prepayment and were requesting for us to settle the account. I think they may require some system and description improvements.
Will definitely never stay there again
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments Hotel
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments Hotel Wanaka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments opened in November 2006. Located in Warren Street, Wanaka, close to town, only minutes walk from the Wanaka main shopping centre, restaurants and the lake front. Belvedere is Qualmark rated 4 Star + and has 18 luxury two bedroom apartments , 1 Large Superior two bedroom apartment with gas fires and great views, 2 three bedroom townhouses and 2 two bedroom townhouses. All apartments and townhouses are self serviced and self contained. All apartments and townhouses have full kitchens and laundries. Townhouses have gas fires in the lounge. Many of the units have outlooks to the mountains and/or lake. Wanaka offers exciting all year round activities for all ages, and of course great Skiing in Winter and many Summer activities including watersports, very nice lakeside walking and mountain bike tracks, tramping, scenic tours by air or land, skydiving, puzzleworld, indoor and outdoor climbing, fighter pilots and transport museums, golf course, driving range, shooting gallery, horse riding and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Belvedere Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.