Ok so I've been travelling for a while and haven't been reveiwing as I had last year. But my taste and focus for service have not changed so for this review, two caveats. One this is a serviced apartment and two this review is for Wanaka during winter, so tourists and cold. I can't see how this might ever rate an "excellent" but it's still good. Now I don't know where everyone else comes from but two bedrooms with one small bathroom is only EVER "average". But there are some good points here. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and they are comfortable. But damn it gets cold...
What's Hot: Kitchen is well equipped and the lounge and dining areas are good and comfortable. This venue is also good value for money especially in the ski season. Master bed was comfortable. For a one week stay its great, but I wouldn't like to be stuck inside if it was raining with not much else to do as its small. The nice touch were the electric blankets on all the beds.
What's Not: Bathroom - there is only one. There were three of us and it was tight. Come back from a day on the ski slopes tired and cold, the queue for a shower could be long... Two beds and one bath, bad design for a serviced apartment. Next there is one small heater. We had to leave it on constantly for the place to remain warm.
It's far from excellent, but it is good value for money and the staff are friendly and helpful. You could do far worse in Wanaka and I would recommend it. But if you have a big family, you might want to opt for something a fair bit larger.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments Hotel
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments Hotel Wanaka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Belvedere Luxury Apartments opened in November 2006. Located in Warren Street, Wanaka, close to town, only minutes walk from the Wanaka main shopping centre, restaurants and the lake front. Belvedere is Qualmark rated 4 Star + and has 18 luxury two bedroom apartments , 1 Large Superior two bedroom apartment with gas fires and great views, 2 three bedroom townhouses and 2 two bedroom townhouses. All apartments and townhouses are self serviced and self contained. All apartments and townhouses have full kitchens and laundries. Townhouses have gas fires in the lounge. Many of the units have outlooks to the mountains and/or lake. Wanaka offers exciting all year round activities for all ages, and of course great Skiing in Winter and many Summer activities including watersports, very nice lakeside walking and mountain bike tracks, tramping, scenic tours by air or land, skydiving, puzzleworld, indoor and outdoor climbing, fighter pilots and transport museums, golf course, driving range, shooting gallery, horse riding and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Belvedere Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.