“Limetree luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lime Tree Lodge

You added Lime Tree Lodge to your Saves list
Lime Tree Lodge
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Crnr Ballantyne Road and State Highway 6, Wanaka, Wanaka 9382, New Zealand   |
Special Offer
3 NIGHT PACKAGE BOOK NOW
Ranked #11 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Wanaka
Orinda, California
“Limetree luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

While I am sorely tempted to take the easy way out and simply agree with everything the previous reviewer has said, it would not be fair to the lodge.

My wife and I are traveling extensively with our 11 year old daughter and recently stayed at the Limetree Lodge for four days. We came in without expectations for the lodge or the Wanaka area as we had been booked by our travel agent for New Zealand and did not have time to research it beforehand. We could not have been more pleased with the choice of accommodation or area. The owners, Sally and Rebecca, took exceptionally good care of us and went out of their way to pamper us throughout our stay. We have stayed in hotels, motels, apartments, farm stays, B&B’s and country inns across New Zealand and can honestly say that it does not get any better than the Limetree Lodge for the price. I am sure you can spend more and get comparable comfort and beauty and I know that you can spend less without the comfort but I doubt that you can get the personal touches with sincere attention and interest that Sally and Rebecca showed us anywhere else. They quickly figured us out and made sure we were taken care of.

We stayed in the Black Peak suite and felt that it was perfectly suited for us a small family. There were bunk beds in our daughters room, high speed internet (via Ethernet cable only at this time) a wood burning fireplace, two patio areas with views and a very comfortable living area with leather couch. As an “ensuite” room, you have all you need to prepare a meal or two for the nights you feel like it. One day, I had casually mentioned that “I might barbeque a steak tonight if the weather holds” while at the morning at breakfast. We returned home late that evening from a long day hiking to find the BBQ had been moved over to our patio area and BBQ tongs and equipment were placed in the kitchen ready to go! While we had decided against the BBQ and opted for take out food that day, it was pretty impressive to see the extra effort that they made to ensure our enjoyment if we needed it. Another example was a day when I had gone out fly-fishing, they went out of their way to help my wife and daughter get into town and back since I had taken the rental car. These are just a few examples of what kind of people you are dealing with. We are talking the genuine article here.

A few other small details for you in case you need more...

There is a small, pitch and put golf course laid out on the grounds that is fun to play if you can control your shots. Don’t expect PGA tour quality but it is nice and I used it once. The pool and hot tub are nice, clean and situated in a garden that has views of the Southern Alps. There are CD’s, DVD’s and books and other reading materials, with extensive resources for places to eat or hike or other activities in the central lodge living area. The drive to town is a breeze – just about 5 or 6km I would say taking no time at all. The breakfast is as good as it gets. They lay out everything you need and more in the way of fresh fruits, cereals, breads and will try to convince you to eat a hot breakfast as well! You will not leave the table hungry.

All in all, if you are looking for a high quality, low key and quite privacy in the Wanaka area, I would say that this is the place.

JCS

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

I can't speak highly enough of the Lime Tree Lodge; my boyfriend and I were on a 2 week trip in NZ and stayed one night at the Lime Tree Lodge in Lake Wanaka and only wished we had stayed longer. The property is set in stunning surroundings with the Southern Alps as a backdrop. It is conveniently only a 5 minute drive into town. The hosts, Rebecca and Sally, are the friendliest of people and obviously take great pride in their place, and it definitely shows. Every thing is taken care of, and it's the small details which impress, such as a guest fridge with complimentary mineral water which you can help yourself to throughout your stay. When we arrived we were immediately given a full tour of the property and all the facilities (including a lovely outdoor pool and hot tub!) and Rebecca had even baked a delicious lemon cake for us so we sat outside in the sunshine and had coffee and homemade cake. There is comprehensive information at hand in the lodge for activities you can do in the area (and there is a lot to do so plan at least 2 days in Wanaka) Our room was spacious and luxuriously done up; the bed was super comfortable and the bathroom is huge and had a wonderful power shower! The breakfast is sumptious; fresh fruit with homemade muesli plus full cooked english, if you can fit it in! I cannot rate this place highly enough. If you are planning on going to Lake Wanaka (and it is a beautiful place, well worth a visit) you should definitely stay at the Lime Tree Lodge as Rebecca and Sally will spoil you rotten.

Been to Lime Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lime Tree Lodge

Address: Crnr Ballantyne Road and State Highway 6, Wanaka, Wanaka 9382, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand > South Island > Otago Region > Wanaka
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Wanaka
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Lime Tree Lodge 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Lime Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Lime Tree Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.