This was my first time in a YHA and I was surprised at how big and spacious it was! The room I stayed in had 6 bunk beds, washroom, and kitchen and they were clean and well kept. Noise and rowdiness was not an issue here. The location was great - a couple of blocks from the lake and a short walk from the town. Within walking distance as well was Mt. Ian which served as a great hiking spot. My only complaint was the cost of using internet which was NZ$1 per every 30 minutes.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Wanaka Purple Cow Hotel
- Yha Wanaka Purple Cow Hotel Wanaka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our central Wanaka location offers uninterrupted views of Lake Wanaka and New Zealand's famed Southern Alps, with a range of warm and comfortable budget accommodation and great communal facilities. Our relaxed, welcoming vibe has generated rave reviews in the Lonely Planet. YHA Wanaka, Purple Cow offers an ideal retreat for the independent traveller looking to discover the exciting activities on offer in Lake Wanaka New Zealand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your YHA Wanaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.