“Life changing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skydive Wanaka

Skydive Wanaka
Mustang Lane | Wanaka Airport, Wanaka, New Zealand (Formerly Skydive Lake Wanaka)
+64 3-443 7207
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 64 Activities in Wanaka
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile??!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Life changing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

First time I ever did a skydive and it was without a doubt one of the best things I have ever done. By the end I wanted to do it again! Try to do the 15,000 ft dive (their highest dive, last for 60 seconds) as it went so quickly and the 12,00ft option I don't think would really do it justice.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful (when they weren't writing "NZ ROCKS" on my face in preparation for the dive). I felt safe and secure in their hands. My diver and camera man were both excellent and I have some stunning photos and video footage to show off the the folks back home.

DO IT!!!

Visited March 2013
skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review - so pleased to hear that our crew took such great care of you and that you love your video/photo footage. Enjoy reliving this and showing it off to your friends and family. Thanks again for choosing to skydive with us.

Kuala Lumpur
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After having this on my bucket list for ages, finally had the chance to give sky-diving a go!!! The first day my husband and I attempted to go diving didn't work out. We were all suited up, but then the winds picked up, and they decided it wasn't safe for diving, so they cancelled all dives that day. Two days later we were back, and this time we made it for the 15,000ft dive! The dive itself was so, so awesome. Skydiving in Wanaka was a great decision. We had great weather that day, and the view is just something to behold. The snowcapped mountains, with two lakes - Wanaka and Hawea - cradled between the mighty peaks. The folks in Skydive Lake Wanaka are friendly and professional - from the people at the front desk, to the cameraman and our tandem divers. My tandem diver was very reassuring, and kept checking on me to make sure I was alright on the flight up, and on the dive down. On the way down, I was truly grateful for their strict emphasis on safety - strong winds is something you DO NOT want when you're hanging on a parachute! Just one little suggestion, as my husband got slightly nauseous on his dive down. They were kind enough to offer him warm water, but I think it'd be great if there was a drink dispenser there as well for hot choc etc. I think it would definitely help those who end up a little fuzzy after the dive. But overall, I'd highly recommend Skydive Lake Wanaka, and this is definitely an experience of a lifetime I'll never forget! Skydive - CHECK!

Visited January 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review !! So pleased to hear that you loved your skydive with us and that you have now ticked this very happily off your bucket list - and yes - thank you for waiting for the weather to behave itself!! You are right, safety is always #1 and we have a very strict wind safety level.

We are so lucky to have such a gorgeous location to skydive from, and our staff do love sharing this with our customers. With regard to hot drinks, we have tried having a machine at the dropzone, but we had a few issues with it, so now we just recommend people head on down to the lovely Warbirds and Wheels cafe 200m along from us. Thanks again for your amazing review and for coming to skydive with us here in Wanaka.
Singapore, Singapore
12 attraction reviews
“Loved my first time sky diving experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Skydive Lake Wanaka was wonderful and professional. The airport is also quite close to wanaka and hawea. Wanaka is a beautiful place to sky dive because you can see two lakes with the backdrop of mountains and the beautiful meandering river (wanaka). I understand you can even see Mt Aspiring on a clear day. All in all, we loved the experience.

Visited February 2013
skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Yes, you can see Mt Aspiring and all the way out to Mt Cook on most clear skydiving days !! We are so lucky to jump in such a gorgeous area. So pleased to hear that you loved your experience. Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
“Great team at Skydive Wanaka!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It was after my skydive here that I declared my undying love for New Zealand. The adrenaline rush from a skydive is great, but I'd like to highlight the friendly professionals at Skydive Wanaka, from the reception staff, to the tandem skydiver, to the skydiving cameraman! On my trip up to 12000 feet, Jerry, my tandem, was an fab guide on what the landmarks below us. As this was my first skydive, he was also very reassuring and clear on in explaining what we would be doing. What a pro! I also loved the DVD, which contained the video and pictures of the adventure (separate charges apply). Job well done on the editing. Clearly, I'd recommend skydiving at Wanaka for the amazing view, but also for the awesome team there.

Visited February 2013
skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. So cool to hear that our entire team took such great care of you and delivered a fun, professional experience for you right from booking through to your jump and video editing. Fantastic to hear that Jerry was fabulous and I'd like to also say thank you for choosing to skydive with us and we really appreciate all your future recommendations to friends and family.
Wanaka, Otago, New Zealand
“The greatest thing i have ever done in my life!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family brought me a 15,000ft dive for my birthday and i dont think i could ask for anything better!! (other then another skydive!!) I highly recommend doing this!!! Also the team at skydive wanaka are amazing, extremely professional and super friendly!!! I would also like to thank my instructor Eugene, you truly made my experience that much better! :) THANKS HEAPS SKYDIVE WANAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2013
Great to have you come and skydive with us - and what better way to receive it than as a gift from your family - How awesome are they ?!! So pleased to hear that Eugene gave you an incredible experience out there and that you had an amazing time with us. Thank you in advance for your future recommendations and for your wonderful review.